B3030 Radio

ratnester

May 7, 2019
Shawnee, MO
Looking at a 2007 B3030 HST cab tractor. There is no radio. I have a couple of good single din cd radios. Is there a connector for this that I can splice in? Does anyone have a guide or wiring diagram? What does everyone do for speakers? Pictures would be helpful and greatly appreciated.

I know I can just wear my work tunes...but this is my first cab tractor and I demand a radio! :D

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The pigtail should be under the headliner and Kubota uses surface mount speakers 4' x 4" and the knockouts should be embossed in the backside of the headliner.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I have seen pigtails on eBay that claim to go from the Kubota connector to whatever most radios here are. I don't claim to know anything about radio wiring, and just use the OEM radio my Kubota came with.
I would like to get some better 4" speakers some day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Speakers are not mounted in the roof or headliner on a B3030, but near where the inside storage bin behind the seat. Height of speaker is at about at seat cushion level.

Radio was already installed, so can't comment on wiring needs. Pigtail seems to be available from a number of internet retailers and your local Kubota dealer may have something. At least I somewhat certain Messick's has something available and may not be a Kubota PN.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Speakers are not mounted in the roof or headliner on a B3030, but near where the inside storage bin behind the seat. Height of speaker is at about at seat cushion level.

Radio was already installed, so can't comment on wiring needs. Pigtail seems to be available from a number of internet retailers and your local Kubota dealer may have something. At least I somewhat certain Messick's has something available and may not be a Kubota PN.

I recall one of Messicks videos advertising non OEM radios with plug and play to the Kubota harness. Apparently no one buys the OEM radios, so they saw a market. In hindsight, I somewhat regret paying what I did for the Kubota radio when I bought the tractor.

My only beef with the Kubota radio is that it doesn't have Bluetooth, and the radio over drives the speakers at moderate volume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

ratnester

May 7, 2019
Shawnee, MO
Thanks everyone. I have a couple of radios so I am good there. I am not sure what to do about speakers, but I will figure that out later. I am guessing that if there is a pigtail then wires must run to behind the seat (or where ever) for the speakers themselves.

Has anyone used the Kubota mounting kit? I am not seeing it for sale anywhere on the net. I figured there would be some aftermarket ones available.