L-3130 IntelliPanel Problems

Phil

Equipment
L3130
Oct 3, 2009
Sault Ste Marie Ontario Canada
Hi; I new to the forum and I need some help trouble shooting the IntelliPanel on a L 3130 not displaying properly. No hour meter, trip meter, mph travel speed, rear- and mid-PTO speed, fuel, temperatures and shift position are not visible. The tach and a other display light work OK. Anyone have ideas or suggestions ? Any one have similar problems with the Intellipanel ?

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hi Phil and welcome to the Forum :) I read something about this on another forum a couple months ago now and I didn't see the out come of the fix :(
but if you have checked the fuses feeding the various circuits feeding 12V to the panel and all are okay I wouldn't start replacing anything until I pulled the panel out of the frame ( disconnect the negative battery cable and cover the pole with a cap for protection against the cable making contact while you are pulling the covers ) and put your Multimeter on MilliVolts range and look for voltage across the functions with key on engine off position and see where you are loosing current flow. Then start back toward the sensors looking for shorts ( chaffed wires touching the frame at tie off points ) Kubota always puts white tape on the outside of the split loom harnesses where the assembly workers are to use a tie-rap to secure the wiring from damage and sometimes they get a little over protective and cause a tight fit to pinch a 16 gauge wire off during life cycle use. :D

Last but not least :eek: you can always go to the Kubota Corporate website and fill out an inquiry that Service Engineeres must answer in the order received. They can see warranty claims from Dealers and troubleshoot your problem. Their may even be a Service Bulletin out there I'm not aware of covering your particular problem. ;) Please post what you find out it helps others suffer less and a lot of fun doing your troubleshooting. :)

Phil

Equipment
L3130
Oct 3, 2009
Did some looking around for chaffed wires touching the frame. One thing i did not notice before the Intellipanel looks to have a hairline crack in the LCD display. It is also black around the fracture.(see photo) Could this be my problem ?

Attachments

Phil

Equipment
L3130
Oct 3, 2009
Just an update on my Intellipanel display.
After receiving my manual for my tractor, I was able tho check all electrical connection to the panel. They check out O.K., so we ordered an replacement. Following the procedure in the WSM, the new panel was successfully installed and calibrated. All functions display and work as they should. The old one did have a crack in the LCD display.

Attachments