B2650 loader joystick alterations

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I have a dealer installed/factory 3rd function on my joystick and this seems to make hitting the steering wheel even worse than just the joystick.

Has anyone altered, bent or replaced, the factory supplied rod or joystick?

Would bending it harm anything, I can't see how as it is just a solid rod.

Is it possible something is not assembled correctly that makes this abnormal or is this a normal occurrence?

This is a cab version.

Thanks

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Bending the steel rod of the joystick can be reshaped however you choose, if you have the tools/skill. Obviously you don't want to heat anything other than steel rod.

I am not familiar with your specific model tractor so I can not answer to something not be assembled correctly.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
On mine, no matter what position the tilt steering wheel is in, the loader joystick can't come even close to touching it. I don't have a 3rd function installed. A pic might help in this case.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I have a dealer installed/factory 3rd function on my joystick and this seems to make hitting the steering wheel even worse than just the joystick.

Is it possible something is not assembled correctly that makes this abnormal or is this a normal occurrence?

Thanks
OP- you have a cabbed version, correct? Just checking because I can't see that happening on the ROPS version.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
I have the same B2650HSDC as you I believe. I also have a factory, dealer installed third function and it in no way hits the steering wheel. My first thought is are you sure it is a Kubota third function kit that was installed? A picture would confirm this. I did have a problem with loose nuts on the joy stick control that would have allowed the joystick to move further to the left. Maybe you have the same problem. It involves taking the plastic shroud off, and there are three bolts under the fender that have to be removed. As I remember, took about an hour to complete. If your curl function doesn't seem like it works right, I bet this is your problem.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
OP- you have a cabbed version, correct? Just checking because I can't see that happening on the ROPS version.
Yes.
Just added that fact. I thought I did initially, but obviously not.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I have the same B2650HSDC as you I believe. I also have a factory, dealer installed third function and it in no way hits the steering wheel. My first thought is are you sure it is a Kubota third function kit that was installed? A picture would confirm this. I did have a problem with loose nuts on the joy stick control that would have allowed the joystick to move further to the left. Maybe you have the same problem. It involves taking the plastic shroud off, and there are three bolts under the fender that have to be removed. As I remember, took about an hour to complete. If your curl function doesn't seem like it works right, I bet this is your problem.
It was done at the dealer before I received the tractor. I can check paperwork.

I did have an issue with that shroud being broken where those three bolt are. Had them order me a new shroud.
When I got it off there was, actually I found them on the floor one day and kept it, some missing nuts and bolts on the loader joystick hold down. Maybe those came loose again.

Just to be clear, I would have the same complaint without the third function.

Last edited:

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
The stick feels right, so not going to pull the plastic, yet.

Here some pictures.

DeepWoods

Equipment
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Ok, I see from your added pictures that your joystick and mine are NOT the same. Mine does not have the land pride logo on it. Now that makes me wonder what my dealer installed on my tractor. I do know that the valve for the third function has a Kubota sticker on it with a model and serial number on it. I thought I had taken pictures of it but don't seem to be able to find them to confirm this. I will look tommorow and post some pictures of what I have. From your pictures, your joystick looks longer than the one I have. This might be why yours can touch the steering wheel.

Found the pictures of my joystick

Attachments

Last edited:

DeepWoods

Equipment
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Curiosity had me wanting to know what I have installed for my third function remote, so I looked in the assembly manual for the LA 534 loader and found the third function remote installation section. The pictures exactly match what was installed in my tractor. So what I have is an original Kubota third function, and I believe what you have is a Land Pride third function remote installed. Maybe the Land Pride version fits multiple tractors, and that is why it can hit the steering wheel.

To solve your problem, you could look at the possibilty of shortening your joystick. Don't know what your fabrication skills are, but I know if it were me, I would find a way if it was a concern of mine.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Definitely a different set up from mine.

It does state a B3350 valve body on my paperwork, but that's it.

Zaicran

Equipment
B2650, 72" MMM, LA534+QA, RCR1260
Oct 8, 2019
Morganza, MD

This is a cab version.

Thanks
My 3rd function is buttons on the joystick...which doesn't come close to hitting anything.

EDIT: I'll try to get a pic later.

Last edited: