B7100hst 4wd

Stevewim

Jan 15, 2020
West Monroe, Louisiana
Hello everyone....I've never posted to a forum before and also new to Kubota tractors......I have a B7100 and the 3 pt lift whines (sounds like a power steering pump on a vehicle without fluid) when lifting....The fluid is clean and fine.....Is there an adjustment on it to correct that? Thx

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hello everyone....I've never posted to a forum before and also new to Kubota tractors......I have a B7100 and the 3 pt lift whines (sounds like a power steering pump on a vehicle without fluid) when lifting....The fluid is clean and fine.....Is there an adjustment on it to correct that? Thx
Check the suction side of the pump for seeping leaks, the valve could be noisy due to it sucking air.

Also just because the fluid looks clean doesn't mean the filter is clean, it's threaded into the rear case at the leading line to the suction pipe.

While you're at it pull the suction side of the HST too and make sure that screen filter is clean too.

Stevewim

Jan 15, 2020
West Monroe, Louisiana
Check the suction side of the pump for seeping leaks, the valve could be noisy due to it sucking air.

Also just because the fluid looks clean doesn't mean the filter is clean, it's threaded into the rear case at the leading line to the suction pipe.

While you're at it pull the suction side of the HST too and make sure that screen filter is clean too.
Thank you...I will look at all that...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Oh and I forgot, while the fluid might look good, it could very well be the wrong fluid for it.
A lot of people will just use cheap universal hydraulic fluid, and kubota hydraulic systems don't like it at all.

So you might want to try changing fluid if you don't find anything else obvious.