So Greta isn't Greta

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Facebook Glitch Reveals Greta Thunburg's Father Posting As Teenage Climate Activist

A Thursday evening software update at Facebook accidentally allowed anyone to view exactly who is posting under the accounts of public figures, businesses and other entities, according to Wired. The result? For starters, some 3 million followers of teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg have been reading posts written by her father, Svante Thunberg, and a climate activist in India who serves as a delegate at the UN's Climate Change organization, Adarsh Prathap. Thunberg, Inc. claims Greta is still the one writing the content.

Greta, Inc. explained this in a Saturday Facebook post purporting to be the young climate activist. "Some people have been asking who manages this page. First of all, since last spring I only use Facebook to repost what I write on my Twitter and Instagram accounts," reads the post, in which 'she' says she tried Facebook "early on," but didn't like it, so she uses "my father Svantes account to repost content." "The rest that is shared on Facebook is reposted from Twitter and Instagram by the guy who founded the Greta Thunberg Facebook page long before I knew it existed. His name is Adarsh Prathap and he lives in India. Since a lot of people thought it was my official page in the beginning I asked if I could co-manage it and he said yes." Greta claims to have written all the content posted by her father and Prathap. In other words, "of course it's not me silly - you should have known I just 'co-manage' the fan page."

Except - by all outward appearances it appeared to be her page alone. Facebook's 'page transparency' shows Greta as the confirmed owner - with the only clue suggesting she might have help being a page manager located in India.

According to Facebook, the flaw was quickly fixed - but not before the people behind famous accounts were revealed and shared on public forums such as 4chan. "We quickly fixed an issue where someone could see who edited or published a post on behalf of a Page when looking at its edit history," said the company in a statement. "We are grateful to the security researcher who alerted us to this issue."

Facebook says the bug was the result of a code update that it pushed Thursday evening. It's not something most people would have encountered on their own, since it took navigating to a Page, viewing an edit history, and realizing that there shouldn't be a name and profile picture assigned to edits to exploit it. Still, despite the Friday morning fix, screenshots circulated on 4chan, Imgur, and social media appearing to show the accounts behind the official Facebook Pages of the pseudonymous artist Banksy, Russian president Vladimir Putin, former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton, Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau, the hacking collective Anonymous, climate activist Greta Thunberg, and rapper Snoop Dogg, among others. Facebook points out that no information beyond a name and public profile link were available, but that information isn't supposed to appear in the edit history at all. And for people, say, running anti-regime Pages under a repressive government, making even that much information public is plenty alarming. -Wired

'People who run sensitive Pages from their own Facebook should now consider that their identity may be known," said Lukasz Olejnik independent privacy adviser and Oxford University Center for Technology and Global Affairs. "While mistakes happen, this one is unexpected."

www.zerohedge.com/political/youve-s...glitch-reveals-greta-thunburgs-father-posting

rokhunter

Equipment
BX23S TLB
Dec 28, 2018
Baker, Florida, United States
Waaaiiiit.....are you implying a teenage activist might actually simply be a mouthpiece for a bunch of other people trying to further their own socio-political agendas?

Say it ain't so....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
She is a shill nothing more a scam, snake oils salesman.. she is an actor ,,and I am sure that if some one that knew how, could follow the money, well thats all I ll say cause the dooms dayers are being paid from the same pocket

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
not surprised someone else was writing her stuff......

she doesnt have any real life experience to draw from.

what she does have is a diagnosed & documented mental condition that all this public exposure is sure to make worse.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
She also has a dad who is apparently teaching her some principles most folks would never consider. We often get mad/angry/upset with the way younger folk act or don't act, and here's an example of where it starts...parents.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I will say the return on my investments tell me that Trump is the best thing since sliced bread. Making more money that when I worked full time. Amazing.:D

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
I rely on experts for advice on my Kubota. I rely on experts for financial advice. I rely on experts to advise on all things scientific including climate. This is because I know far less than experts outside of my area of expertise. Greta is not an expert, I am referring to the conclusions and recommendations of the overwhelming majority of scientists who study this every day.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Comparing Greta to my dog, my dog has more insight than she does.:)