HST Whine.....Gone.......!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
i see no one has a sense of humor today. You all drink too much last night?:)

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
i see no one has a sense of humor today. You all drink too much last night?:)
No drinks for me a week ago I survived a heart attack that less than 2 % of people survive and I am now in a good place. I guess according to the other poster I will just drop this site off my list

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Best way to eliminate hst whine is buy gear drive tractor, problem solved.

Honestly though, all of them will have some kind of little noise that will drive you crazy.

KTOY

Equipment
B9200 hst, Case 580SL
Jun 20, 2019
Brookfield, NH
Nothing like dealing with honesty! When your kids come home and give you a line of BS about where they been or what they been doing or seeing, just remember they're following what they've been taught.:D
Really, there is no dishonesty here what so ever unless they ask you if you filled them with foam. Why would they, it should be a non issue. Does filling tires with calcium void the warranty? That’s true: it can rot the rims over time and cause a safety issue.

I taught my children to make good choices and not be be influenced by nonsense.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Really, there is no dishonesty here what so ever unless they ask you if you filled them with foam. Why would they, it should be a non issue. Does filling tires with calcium void the warranty? That***8217;s true: it can rot the rims over time and cause a safety issue.

You tires and your rims do not have a label that says do not alter in any form... The ROPS on the other hand does! ;)

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
When I see these threads I always wonder the same thing:

While theoretical, has there ever been a single known, recorded case of a modded ROPS failing and causing either a warranty or an otherwise preventable injury from occurring?

Seems to me unless there are and have been at least one measurable outcome this hysteria is intended to prevent, we're just at worst obsessing over a $600 loss in turn-in value.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Mine has no such warning label, sticker or otherwise.
That would be because you have a 30+ year old tractor. ;)
Read the OPS or WSM for that model and I'm pretty sure there will be a warning in those manuals.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Of course, nobody has mentioned the liability of the fact that manufacturers make fold down ROPS. What’s more liability than a tractor with a ROPS that is in the down position all the time. If manufacturers was really going to protect themselves from liability, then they would not make fold down ROPS. The folding joint is the weak point of the ROPS.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Really, there is no dishonesty here what so ever unless they ask you if you filled them with foam. Why would they, it should be a non issue. Does filling tires with calcium void the warranty? That’s true: it can rot the rims over time and cause a safety issue.

What you're saying is it's not dishonest unless you get caught! So if your child does something you disapprove of, it just fine for him/her to do it and not say anything about it...unless you ask them if they did it.

What you are saying is dishonesty is OK unless asked if you're honest and you haven't been. If you believe this, how can you teach them to not be influenced by nonsense, because this is nonsense?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
philip53,

Great to see you got your reward :rolleyes: (in this thread) for taking the time to post something that might be of help/interest to those who are bothered by the HST whine...

Wish I was able to hear it! :(

st8yd

Equipment
2003 L3130 HST, LA513, Pats easy hitch
Dec 11, 2017
central FL
If the whine was twice as bad I would still take it over having to clutch and shift gears again. I don't like to say never, but I will not likely ever have a non HST tractor!

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
I have a very effective strategy. I never where earplugs and eventually all the noises fade away over time.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
What you're saying is it's not dishonest unless you get caught! So if your child does something you disapprove of, it just fine for him/her to do it and not say anything about it...unless you ask them if they did it.

What you are saying is dishonesty is OK unless asked if you're honest and you haven't been. If you believe this, how can you teach them to not be influenced by nonsense, because this is nonsense?
Sadly, many (probably most) folks believe quite the same.

SDT

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
How many people have traded or sold cars, trucks, tractors or other equipment with known problems without disclosing the problems? I bet most people have so does that make all of you dishonest?

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
I know that I haven't hidden anything but I certainly painted any vehicle in the best possible light when selling it. I gotta be honest though and say that I have been severely tempted not to disclose an issue a few times. lol

One time I damaged a rental car and when I brought it back they didn't notice. In a weak moment I showed them the damage. They were very thankful but then their office sent me a bill for $1200! I could have had it fixed for around $150. This made me question whether honesty is the best policy. It is but it can also kick you in the beans sometimes.

jtboney1

Equipment
L2501
Jul 11, 2018
Mobile, Alabama
I read this several days ago. Picked up one bag of the liquid foam and filled my ROPS. Holy crap, what a difference... especially with my cab. Im not concerned with moisture as my machine lives under a roof and the seasons changing causing condensate would take probably 20 years to do any considerable harm.

I saw Armaflex was recommended for covering the outside of the ROPS. That would actually hold moisture directly against the steel. I have sheets of it from work and while it makes excellent kneeling pads, it holds moisture like a sponge.
Has anyone else tried it on a non-cab tractor? If I am convinced it would make a lot of difference I would do it in a heartbeat - trade in value be dimmed. Thanks Wolfman for the heads up though. Too many folks shoot the messenger when they don't like the message.