How many BX owners are there?

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Have a die cast BX22 (very hard to come by) and a BX25D.

the BX25D does all the work and BX22 just sits there.

NBKubota

Equipment
2650HSDC
Aug 3, 2017
New Brunswick
I'll add my $0.02 to this discussion! I had a B2650 HSDC at my other property. That was 6 acres and a 1000' driveway. It was the perfect machine for all the duties I needed there.

My property now is 1.75 acres and the driveway is about 250' plus parking and turn around areas. It made no sense whatsoever to keep the B for my new property.

Went to my local dealer this fall, told him what I needed to do (snow clearing, landscaping, various projects) and ended up with a BX2380. So far in snow clearing duties, it has been perfect! Just the right size for what I need to do.

I love the fact that Kubota has so many available sizes to choose from. There is no way that "one size fits all" when it comes to tractors. I get the fact that the ones who have larger tractors feel somehow the smaller machines are a "glorified lawn mower" but if that were true, they wouldn't cost around 5 or 6 times the price of a riding lawnmower. I also own one of those to get into really tight spots, but it would be totally useless for snow clearing.

In my mind, that sort of thinking would be the same as someone telling another person, well my pickup truck is better than your car because its bigger and has a bigger motor. .........that makes no sense.

Sorry for rambling on there, hope everyone has a great new years!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

KennysNewFarm

Equipment
MX5800
Dec 28, 2017
Missouri
I'll add my $0.02 to this discussion! I had a B2650 HSDC at my other property. That was 6 acres and a 1000' driveway. It was the perfect machine for all the duties I needed there.

My property now is 1.75 acres and the driveway is about 250' plus parking and turn around areas. It made no sense whatsoever to keep the B for my new property.

Went to my local dealer this fall, told him what I needed to do (snow clearing, landscaping, various projects) and ended up with a BX2380. So far in snow clearing duties, it has been perfect! Just the right size for what I need to do.

I love the fact that Kubota has so many available sizes to choose from. There is no way that "one size fits all" when it comes to tractors. I get the fact that the ones who have larger tractors feel somehow the smaller machines are a "glorified lawn mower" but if that were true, they wouldn't cost around 5 or 6 times the price of a riding lawnmower. I also own one of those to get into really tight spots, but it would be totally useless for snow clearing.

In my mind, that sort of thinking would be the same as someone telling another person, well my pickup truck is better than your car because its bigger and has a bigger motor. .........that makes no sense.

I bet you will agree with me on one thing, I bet you miss the cab when snow blowing the drive! :)

NBKubota

Equipment
2650HSDC
Aug 3, 2017
New Brunswick
^You are absolutely right about that one! [emoji1787]

I also miss having the tunes on bluetooth, might have to get some noise cancelling headphones to combat that.

As far as the cab goes, I'm not convinced the one they have for these BXs is right for me. So far it really hasn't been that bad. I suppose the first time I get a gust of wind where I get a face full of snow, I might think otherwise!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
there are a lot of BX machines on this Island as a lot of properties are on the smaller size and people are just using them to develop their properties or gardens cause big farms use bigger equipment and the trees are logged by the big boys toys.:);)