Let it snow!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well winter has struck here:rolleyes:... nothing in the forecast for the white stuff, then bam it hits out of the blue! :eek:
Snow blowers and plows at the ready Boys and Girls it's a coming to a neighborhood near you soon! ;)

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yepper it kinda happens that way this time of year. Though the older I get the more I figure it can get cold and snow 2 times a year, Xmas and deer season:D

Elkers

Equipment
Bx2370, MMM, 50' blower, ballast box, piranha tooth bar
Sep 10, 2014
Elk Rapids Mi
Me too, just installed my new snow blower yesterday for the first time, honestly was sad as I removed the fel. Spent most of the day organizing the garage to keep everything inside, along with two cars. Let it snow!!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
70 degrees out today :D:p:D actually they are calling for the white stuff next weekend. Temps supposed to drop tomarrow and be just above freezing during the day, 20's at night.

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Me too, just installed my new snow blower yesterday for the first time, honestly was sad as I removed the fel. Spent most of the day organizing the garage to keep everything inside, along with two cars. Let it snow!!
Lol , thought I was the only one bummed out about putting the loader and backhoe away for the winter . Also put the blower on for the first time . I'm ready .

Toyboy

Equipment
BX2230D - RCK60-22BX - BX5450
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
I have the new generation Kubota snow blower ordered, but according to the dealer it's not projected to be here till Dec 2 or later. I was hoping for a sooner delivery. I've got the old one on and ready to go. Our snow totals are projected to be 12" plus by tomorrow this time.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Here is a pic for all of you that haven't gotten it yet or won't anytime soon, or ever, Just enjoy this pic of my front yard this morning.

Several of my snow loving friends said they ordered it... They are now on the hit list! :mad:

And this is what it looked like 4 miles down the road. :eek: I think someone is picking on me! :(

I can't wait... BRING IT ON!!!

:)
That's a real Funny one from you! :D
You are either really high up there in the hills or the heat has warped your brain! :eek::p:D

Attachments

Last edited:

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Well winter has struck here:rolleyes:... nothing in the forecast for the white stuff, then bam it hits out of the blue! :eek:
Snow blowers and plows at the ready Boys and Girls it's a coming to a neighborhood near you soon! ;)
I may be screwed, I still have my FEL on. I just finished the carport off the front of the little shop. I went to scrape up the extra dirt, and move it to add a few inches of gravel, and the two small dirt piles have turned to concrete! I was in 4x low, and the piranha tooth blade sounded like it was sparking as I tried to scrape the ground. The good thing is the carport looks fantastic, and we can park out of the snow drop for the winter.............hope it warms up for a day or two next week

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah lil red is wraped up for the winter now, and battery tender on it, and I had to take the mower off the little tractor and put on the blade,, where did summer go:mad:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I went to scrape up the extra dirt, and move it to add a few inches of gravel, and the two small dirt piles have turned to concrete!
Yep froze hard as a rock here too! :( I didn't get my drive way completely level so winter is going to be a little rough going till I can get it leveled in the spring! ;)

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Yep froze hard as a rock here too! :( I didn't get my drive way completely level so winter is going to be a little rough going till I can get it leveled in the spring! ;)
Yup, same here. Had about 70 yards to spread. Finish graded about 65 yards. Rough graded the last 5 and called it a night. Was not suppose to freeze that night. WRONG hard as concrete and in front of the garage doors.:eek: Of all the places to leave for last.:( The sun got to some of it today. 1 1/2 hours later I leveled about 25% of it. Allot of work for a little gain. Where is spring?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Mowed the lawn today, and chopped the leaves :D did hook up the blade and parked the tractor by the garage. Supposed to get sleet, snow and a mix through monday morning

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I'm hoping the weather reports are near correct. looking at a few days of high 30's to low 40's for the daytime highs. My driveway is pretty much all filled in, but the new carport area is really rough with construction debris. I really want to level it and get a few inches of fresh gravel down.
I still have a load of wood in the back of the truck, have one more day of framing then sheeting the new pump shack. last two outside things to do, than Ill hook the flatbed trailer and pick up another huge load of lumber to start framing inside the shop. Its 72' deep now with the carport addition, so I'm going to build out a little 24' x 12' super insulated workshop/tinkering/reloading area in the back with storage for bulky crap on top. does the fun ever end??

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
We do occasionally get snow! REALLY!

Last year we got a ton of tiny hail that added up to 3" to look like snow. My puppies were totally confused. It stayed on the ground for a day or so and then melted away. I had a steep concrete driveway in my last house and thought I was gonna get stuck but made it out OK. Downtown Phoenix gets flurries occasionally but it never sticks.

[URL=http://s307.photobucket.com/user/CaptStark/media/SnowDogs-2.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s307.photobucket.com/user/CaptStark/media/Snow-7.jpg.html][/URL]

While I didn't get much snow at home, I sure saw plenty of it at work. You think just getting round in winter is tough, try flying in it. Winter Ops was some of the most grueling work I have ever done. Preflight, de-ice, making sure they de-iced us correctly. With 145 souls hoping right along with you, there was plenty of pressure to make sure everything was done correctly. I was out in the wet and cold right up until the time we closed the door.

This was Buffalo NY during what what turned out to be the first of two days of heavy lake effect snow. The taxiways were snow covered ice. The airport closed right after we left. Visibility was 1/4mi.

[URL=http://s307.photobucket.com/user/CaptStark/media/Snow-5.jpg.html][/URL]

There were times to admire winter...

[URL=http://s307.photobucket.com/user/CaptStark/media/Snow-4-1.jpg.html][/URL]

Every time I'd drive home and pull in my driveway after a winter trip, I'd smile. I grew up in the winters of Illinois. Had enough.

You guys send some pictures!!!

:)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I just wana know where them guys along lakes Erie and Ontario are gona put all that white stuff they got???:confused:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Most i've ever seen was 45" the last winter I spent in vermont. That was bad enough, having to go out a second story window onto the porch roof. With a set of snow shoes and shovel. Had to dig the shed doors out to get to the bota, so i could find the plow truck. Had 5 1/2 foot snow drifts up against the garage doors, and couldn't get them open.

Just heard this morning they have gotten 75" so far:eek: i can't imagine what thats like