Post a more detailed overview of the SSQA plow

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Na we're good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RyanG

Equipment
2019 Kubota BX2380, 60"mmm, FEL. 2018 JD X390, 54"mmm (for sale)
Sep 17, 2019
Fleetwood
Hey Everyone we finally had enough snow here so I could play a little with the new plow setup. This is an "off brand" manual angle loader mounted 60" plow. They do have the option for Hydro angle, or just add a standard cylinder. Short video below since I was playing a bit trying to learn first haha.

Snow was about 2" of heavy wet slushy snow, had a bunch of sleet and some freezing rain. Can't wait to try it out with a bit more if we ever get any here!

Link to the seller on E-bay In case anyone else is interested

Quick Video of me plowing the driveway

Attachments

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
looks like it worked pretty well for you.

I'd like to find a similar setup, but perhaps a 6 footer. Either SSQA or I'd even go with a 2" receiver mounted plow since I have a receiver on my pallet fork frame. I recall seeing them a few years ago sold at sams club (manual angle, 2" receiver mount). People used them behind their vehicles by attaching them to the trailer receiver.

RyanG

Equipment
2019 Kubota BX2380, 60"mmm, FEL. 2018 JD X390, 54"mmm (for sale)
Sep 17, 2019
Fleetwood
looks like it worked pretty well for you.

I'd like to find a similar setup, but perhaps a 6 footer. Either SSQA or I'd even go with a 2" receiver mounted plow since I have a receiver on my pallet fork frame. I recall seeing them a few years ago sold at sams club (manual angle, 2" receiver mount). People used them behind their vehicles by attaching them to the trailer receiver.
Yup I think the one from Heavy hitch only goes up to 54" width for the receiver mounted version. I know the place I purchaed mine from has a 72" and i think even a 90" version with different loader style mounts. One thing though is to find one that has the trip springs. I know from using a rear 3pt blade before for snow it was horrible without the trip springs. Hit the edge a few times where it would have really helped. Not sure if anyone makes one for the receiver that more of a "snow blade" setup Vs the typical dirt.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I think I'll just keep my eye out for a used plow and modify it to fit either 2" receiver or SSQA mount. Maybe I'll look this summer when the demand is low.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I think I'll just keep my eye out for a used plow and modify it to fit either 2" receiver or SSQA mount. Maybe I'll look this summer when the demand is low.
Best time to get a low ball deal is when it's 80 out.