L6060 CAN Error

CanadiceNY

Equipment
L6060
Jan 19, 2020
Canadice, NY, USA
1 year old Kubota L6060 with cab. When temperature is below 25 degrees F turn key to start no glow plugs and then error code for CAN not working. History when this problem started glow plug indicator would never come on and sometimes it would start and sometimes CAN error. Under warranty they replaced the computer and now the glow plugs indicator on display will operate all the time except when CAN error displays on no start. Seems to be temperature related as it has happened only when the temperature falls below 25 degrees. When I get the error I apply heat with heat gun on back side area of the computer and in 2-3 minutes it will start. Today lifted seat up on no start applied heat to front of computer - no start then applied heat to area behind computer and it started. So it appears to be temperature related in the area behind main computer.
Any suggestions before I give the whole thing to the dealer and let them chase their tail :)
Of course now we have snow and cold I need it :(
Thanks

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
the 6060WSM says this is likely a communication error between the ECU and the intelipanel. Not an area you want to apply too much heat too as electronics not fond of high heat.
WSM does not suggest any on site repair. Going to guess they are going to try a new ecu and if this does not work then a new intelipanel.
Good luck.... electrical gremlins often hard to identify especially if tech has hard time reproducing easily. Good news is warranty!!

CanadiceNY

Equipment
L6060
Jan 19, 2020
Canadice, NY, USA
Update on troubleshooting. Have replaced the relay that energizes the computer and is located behind the computer. So far it is starting but we have lacked the extreme cold weather that was when the event occurred. Today had 20 degree temperature and it started so fingers crossed for colder weather.