Pull scraper dirt pan

Eurocopter

Equipment
Kubota l5240 HSTC-3 4 X 4 with LA854 Loader, Rotary cutter, JD tiller...
Jan 18, 2020
Holly Hill, South Carolina
Anyone used a pull/drag scraper with 52 hp tractor?
Most of the scraper posts indicate more hp required.
The way I see it, I can't cut as deep as implements are designed for but I can certainly use it. Of course it will take longer, but, I can still get the job done.
Anybody have experience with this?
Note: With loader and filled tires my tractor weighs a little over 7,000 lbs with no rear implement. I'm thinking a pull scraper with dolly wheels in front with hydraulic operation...

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Anyone used a pull/drag scraper with 52 hp tractor?
Most of the scraper posts indicate more hp required.
The way I see it, I can't cut as deep as implements are designed for but I can certainly use it. Of course it will take longer, but, I can still get the job done.
Anybody have experience with this?
Note: With loader and filled tires my tractor weighs a little over 7,000 lbs with no rear implement. I'm thinking a pull scraper with dolly wheels in front with hydraulic operation...
I've used a three point mounted slip scoop with a 45 PTO HP Ford 860.

Others have actually dug ponds with slip scoops behind an N series Ford having less than 30 PTO HP. Yes, it takes time.

SDT

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I used this one with our old IH 484 which was about 50 hp. Did okay in soft dirt, not so much in hard ground but no scraper is going to be very good in hard pack unless it's being pushed and/or the ground ripped.

Attachments