L6060 Air Ride Seat question

KRParent

Equipment
L6060, M5-091
Jan 9, 2020
Mackenzie, BC, Canada
We’re new to this forum as new Kubota owners! Have traded in 2 green tractors on an M5 and L6060.

Just got my L6060 a month ago. Ordered the cloth air ride seat option and I’ve never been so disappointed with an $800 option! It’s a Grammer MSG75 series. First off I find the cushioning very hard compared to the MSG85 series in our M5. Second, it’s a low profile seat (not sure why but it is) so because I am only 5’4” I need the seat fairly far forward to reach the pedals properly, but I am not able to raise it high enough - I have to sit on a pillow. There is just not much up/down adjustment in it. Very, very different from the 85 series.

So my question . . . what air ride seat did your L6060 come equipped with? And are you happy with it? We’re talking back and forth with our dealer to see if he’ll swap it out for something else but he’s giving us some grief.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I am 5'4" or probably a little less, and have the stock seat for an L3560 open station and it is very comfortable and easily adjustable. Swivels part way for looking backward. No pillow needed. I have never sat in a Grammer seat.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
My M9 has a Grammer air ride seat (option from the factory) with swivel and it's also very comfortable and adjustable. Never had issue one with it. Only thing I don't like is the covering. It's velour and I had to have the wife make a seat cover for it. Picks up every little bit of chaff and it's hard to clean.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I am 5'4" or probably a little less, and have the stock seat for an L3560 open station and it is very comfortable and easily adjustable. Swivels part way for looking backward. No pillow needed. I have never sat in a Grammer seat.
I have no complaints with the spring suspension seat on my L6060 ROPS but would likely find inadequate spring tension if I was heavier.

SDT

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
We’re new to this forum as new Kubota owners! Have traded in 2 green tractors on an M5 and L6060.

Just got my L6060 a month ago. Ordered the cloth air ride seat option and I’ve never been so disappointed with an $800 option! It’s a Grammer MSG75 series. First off I find the cushioning very hard compared to the MSG85 series in our M5. Second, it’s a low profile seat (not sure why but it is) so because I am only 5’4” I need the seat fairly far forward to reach the pedals properly, but I am not able to raise it high enough - I have to sit on a pillow. There is just not much up/down adjustment in it. Very, very different from the 85 series.

So my question . . . what air ride seat did your L6060 come equipped with? And are you happy with it? We’re talking back and forth with our dealer to see if he’ll swap it out for something else but he’s giving us some grief.
After looking a video for this seat is the air bag blowing up correctly? Or did you blow it up so hard that there is no give to the seat? Maybe you will need to fabricate a riser under the seat to allow the bag to have some give to it and make the seat high enough for your needs.

KRParent

Equipment
L6060, M5-091
Jan 9, 2020
Mackenzie, BC, Canada
After looking a video for this seat is the air bag blowing up correctly? Or did you blow it up so hard that there is no give to the seat? Maybe you will need to fabricate a riser under the seat to allow the bag to have some give to it and make the seat high enough for your needs.
The air bag is blown up correctly. So that the needle is in the middle. We are looking at 2 options. One would be to put on a gel cushion seat on top, and to put a couple of risers underneath the frame. The other option is to install another seat with a spare JD air ride kit we have.

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
KRParent, what did you ever do with your L6060 seat? Did you use the JD air suspension with it and if so how did it work?

Have a new L6060 with cab and very disappointed with it. It is mechanical and the dealership does not recommend or rather does not think the Kubota air ride will solve the issue. He did not recommend the air ride seat when I was buying and still does not.

I weigh 240 and the seat is bottomed out with the Kubota Tech and he weighs less than 200 pounds.

KRParent

Equipment
L6060, M5-091
Jan 9, 2020
Mackenzie, BC, Canada
We did go with the JD air ride seat base and a Grammer 85 series seat. The base and seat weren’t quite made for each other so a little adaptation to make it fit was necessary. Very happy with how it turned out. Much better!