Snow Chain Advice

Terrain Twister

Equipment
B2650, RTV-X1100C
Nov 17, 2018
Heron, MT
Need to pick up some chains for the B2650 and RTV-X1100C.

The B2650 is running the R4 tires.

The RTV-X1100C is running the HDWS (25x10-12) tires.

The RTV is what we have the snow blade mounted on. Figured with the cab, it would be warmer! :)

Would like to know the pro's and cons of what type/style you guys are running.

Thanks,
Chuck

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Need to pick up some chains for the B2650 and RTV-X1100C.

The B2650 is running the R4 tires.

The RTV-X1100C is running the HDWS (25x10-12) tires.

The RTV is what we have the snow blade mounted on. Figured with the cab, it would be warmer! :)

Would like to know the pro's and cons of what type/style you guys are running.

Thanks,
Chuck
Go to tirechains.com and read the information about the various types of tire chains. You will find more information than you want to know.

You may need to dig a bit to get to the proper pages but it will be worth the effort.

SDT

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Go to tirechains.com and read the information about the various types of tire chains. You will find more information than you want to know.

You may need to dig a bit to get to the proper pages but it will be worth the effort.

SDT

This is good advice and you'll have a hard time beating their prices and quality.

Terrain Twister

Equipment
B2650, RTV-X1100C
Nov 17, 2018
Heron, MT
SDT, took the advice and have looked.

Have a question for you directly though.

It appears you asked the same question roughly 2 years ago on another forum. Did you end up with chains and if so, what tires do you mount them on?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
SDT, took the advice and have looked.

Have a question for you directly though.

It appears you asked the same question roughly 2 years ago on another forum. Did you end up with chains and if so, what tires do you mount them on?
I have F & R two link cross chains for my B1750 that I bought about 25 years ago. The B1750 has rear Z bar tires and front turf tires.

Last fall I bought F & R of two link cross chains for my B3350. The B3350 has R-4 tires.

I have asphalt driveways and the two link twist cross chains are safe for asphalt, common sense needed, of course.

SDT

Terrain Twister

Equipment
B2650, RTV-X1100C
Nov 17, 2018
Heron, MT
I have F & R two link cross chains for my B1750 that I bought about 25 years ago. The B1750 has rear Z bar tires and front turf tires.

Last fall I bought F & R of two link cross chains for my B3350. The B3350 has R-4 tires.

I have asphalt driveways and the two link twist cross chains are safe for asphalt, common sense needed, of course.

SDT
Thanks for the info. Did you end up with anything on the RTV and if so, what axle are you running them on?

I'm on dirt/gravel myself and the country road is the same (County plows it though).

Chuck

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Thanks for the info. Did you end up with anything on the RTV and if so, what axle are you running them on?

I'm on dirt/gravel myself and the country road is the same (County plows it though).

Chuck
I have not bought chains for the RTV-X1100C largely because I rarely use it.

Mine has the so-called worksite tires and aluminum wheels.

I do have a snow plow for it but have not used it. I doubt that it would need chains to plow snow.

If I were to buy chains for it, I would probably buy two link cross chains to protect the asphalt.

SDT

Terrain Twister

Equipment
B2650, RTV-X1100C
Nov 17, 2018
Heron, MT
I have not bought chains for the RTV-X1100C largely because I rarely use it.

Mine has the so-called worksite tires and aluminum wheels.

I do have a snow plow for it but have not used it. I doubt that it would need chains to plow snow.

If I were to buy chains for it, I would probably buy two link cross chains to protect the asphalt.

SDT
Thanks SDT. We run the same tire/wheel combo. Think I'll pick up a set of chains just as a backup since we will be using it as our primary snow clearing vehicle. Cheap insurance.

Chuck