New B2650 arrived, thanks all (pics)

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I was going to mention that as well....I would for sure check that tractor over with a fine tooth comb.

EDIT: quite literally your life could depend on it...or of your loved ones.
Yeah, I've been over it, but there's really no limit to how far you can go. I feel kind of dumb for never spotting it all this time, but like I said, it's not obvious at all from the operator's seat, and it's not like I'm ever getting a side profile of both front wheels at the same time. And checking to verify my wheels match isn't something I'd have ever thought to check.

I just did the initial 50-hour service on the tractor on Saturday.

Reactions: 1 user

luc.who

Sep 1, 2018
Lewisberry PA
PA452.. I have a BX 23 and have been thinking of upgrading to the 2650. I have needed more FEL capacity and a grapple. Biggest issue I have now is 2 titanium knees and pushing the MMM under the tractor! I am not sure I can do that next summer. Thanks for the thread!

Another PA Orange Tractor owner!

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
PA452.. I have a BX 23 and have been thinking of upgrading to the 2650. I have needed more FEL capacity and a grapple. Biggest issue I have now is 2 titanium knees and pushing the MMM under the tractor! I am not sure I can do that next summer. Thanks for the thread!

Another PA Orange Tractor owner!
I find my 60" MMM rolls under the tractor fairly easily. A 72" with the pivoting wheels on all four corners I imagine would roll under easier.

That said, swapping out the FEL and backhoe for the mower was indeed easier on my BX23 for sure. I think it would likely be easier on the B2601 as well, since the B2601 doesn't use the 3ph arms to lift the mower, so no need to install those every time.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I liked my sales guy, but my dealer's service manager is a clown.

After a day or so of no communications, the service guy called me. I wasn't able to take the call and he left no voicemail. Called the dealership back, figured out who it was who called me. Said they have the tire in stock, and they want to haul my whole tractor up to the dealership just to exchange it.

He kept saying tire; at some point I asked if he realized I needed the whole wheel, not just a tire. He said he did not realize that, put me on hold, confirmed with someone else that yes I needed the whole wheel. Said they could do that. I said rather than hauling the whole tractor up there for that, can't they just bring me the correct wheel and we can switch it out in two minutes at my place. I said if it's raining I don't want them hauling it up there on a flat bed, and if it's not raining I'd like to have the tractor available for use; if they take it to the dealership it's going to be gone a good portion of the day. He said he would have to talked to someone and see if they can do that. Said they were in a meeting and he'd call me back in an hour or so.

24 hours later, still no call back, so I called him. Guy had to ask me to remind him what my problem was. I said, "you guys put the wrong wheel on my tractor". He said, "oh yeah, hold on, let me go talk to someone to get a refresher on what you need"... (I think I just told him that, but...) He comes back, said they're going to order me a new wheel and get it to me. I said, "I thought you said you had one in stock yesterday?". He said, "We do, but it's on a tractor." I should have said, "fine, put that tractor on blocks and give me the wheel".

Deeply unimpressive service manager so far. Back before I had this tractor, I asked him a question once about my BX23. He said he would need the serial number (which I get, but it was a simple question and I don't think he should have needed the serial if he had an ounce of initiative). He asked me to email it to him because I didn't have it with me; he gave me his card. Later that day, I emailed him the question and sent the serial number, never got a response.

Sort of regret not choosing another dealer.

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Sadly it sounds like your dealer is like many...they are good to you when you are buying, but less than good to you when its time to take care of the customer.

There's no reason to truck the tractor back to the dealer as you suggest...the tire can be mounted on the new rim beforehand. The dealer can send someone with a bottle jack and a lug wrench...and solve the problem in about 10 minutes without inconveniencing you to be without your expensive machine.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
I emailed my salesman shortly after that call. Just said, "I was told yesterday that wheel was in stock, but today they're telling me it's on a tractor and they're ordering me one. That sound right?".

I never got a response from the salesman, but less than an hour later the service guy called me on his personal cell phone to say he misunderstood and they could get me that wheel pretty much right now. He wanted to send someone down with it Monday. I'm going to be going by there tomorrow so I told him I'd pick it up then, and then they're going to send someone down to pick up the other wheel at a later date.

So while he didn't get back to me, I think the salesman probably straightened that out.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I emailed my salesman shortly after that call. Just said, "I was told yesterday that wheel was in stock, but today they're telling me it's on a tractor and they're ordering me one. That sound right?".

I never got a response from the salesman, but less than an hour later the service guy called me on his personal cell phone to say he misunderstood and they could get me that wheel pretty much right now. He wanted to send someone down with it Monday. I'm going to be going by there tomorrow so I told him I'd pick it up then, and then they're going to send someone down to pick up the other wheel at a later date.

So while he didn't get back to me, I think the salesman probably straightened that out.
Unreal. At this point, why not make it simple? Just take them your wheel and swap it out tomorrow. Done deal. No need to deal with them again. :(

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Unreal. At this point, why not make it simple? Just take them your wheel and swap it out tomorrow. Done deal. No need to deal with them again. :(
Yeah, I'm debating that.

I'm going through that area tomorrow so I figure I'll grab it then rather than wait until next week. I could take the incorrect wheel up with me and be done with them on this, but the tractor is currently in an outbuilding at my parents' place, and if I do it that way it's going to be up on blocks most of the day as I won't be back until late. Probably be fine, I doubt they would need to move it for any reason, but who knows.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
ahhh, I figured there had to be some reason why you just didn't do that.

Hope you get it sorted out soon. With weather the way it is, it's hard to get stuff done as it is...a tractor up on blocks just doesn't help that situation at all.