Rear View Mirror?

Hack75

Equipment
B2150 with LA350A. And L2800 with Woods 60 Brushbull
Aug 16, 2020
Indiana
I did the golf cart mirrors attached with magnets
Went to the hardware store and got #10 x 3/4" bolt and nut (no washer) used a little loctite.
The round magnets (I believe) give a wider surface area..... anyways these things are ON-THERE. I was going to drill another hole to add a 3rd magnet... but I don't think there is any need, you can adjust the mirrors all day long and they do not move.
Where did you get your magnets I think I like the idea of the round better than the bar Thank you

Hack75

Equipment
Aug 16, 2020
Indiana
order a set.....thanks.
I have received my mirrors and magnets from Amazon and wonder how you attached them! The screws that came with the mirror are too big and the holes don’t line up. With the correct screw you could only attach the magnet to one hole. I’ll order the round magnets. Still like the idea though.

smittydog27

Equipment
L3901DT, MX5200DT, Case 450, 1450 dozers, Case 530 const. king backhoe/loader
Dec 11, 2018
Huntington
I have received my mirrors and magnets from Amazon and wonder how you attached them! The screws that came with the mirror are too big and the holes don’t line up. With the correct screw you could only attach the magnet to one hole. I’ll order the round magnets. Still like the idea though.
just got the mirrors in yesterday, magnets in last week. I will put them together sometime this week and let you know.

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
Where did you get your magnets I think I like the idea of the round better than the bar Thank you
Hack75, I purchased them fro amazon..... The round ones have a wider surface area than the "bar" magnets. And they do not move.
Super Strong Neodymium Cup Magnet 1.26" Countersunk Permanent Magnet, The World’s Strongest & Most Powerful Rare Earth Magnets by Applied Magnets with Screws 8Pc

smittydog27

Equipment
L3901DT, MX5200DT, Case 450, 1450 dozers, Case 530 const. king backhoe/loader
Dec 11, 2018
Huntington
I used Gorilla glue contruction adheasive. holding so far.

Hack75

Equipment
Aug 16, 2020
Indiana
I used Gorilla glue contruction adheasive. holding so far.
Thanks for the idea I used the gorilla glue and they are holding the only problem is the mirrors are not out far enough to do much good when they are attached to the hood since I don’t have a front loader or a cab to attach to. I saw a reference to another post in 2013 about using a bicycle kickstand to attach the mirror to I’m going to try that next.