Overcoming New Picture Limitations

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
OTT is actually older than Imgur. :p ;)
Even if true, age doesnt imply funding or infrastructure. My geocities site is still around but I doubt its stability and longevity or dedication to maintenance even thought its technically been around longer than paypal.

Data reteention and maintenance is a function of the content owner. I dont tend to upload my personal content to web hosts which I dont have much control over. I actually PREFER the ability to mass delete or remove access to images I've uploaded without having to recall each and every site I posted a copy.

Fracturing the distribution of content vs centralizing and creating access points and connectors is a much better long term data retention strategy. Leave infrastructure, redundancy and such to people whose core business is doing that right. Just my $.02. I think most here are complain about poor user behavior in maintaining their imaging hosts than a core issue with using hosting services for images.

Lets say you posted something erroneous and you now want to replace it with an updates, accurate picture. Updating that one is far more convenient that re-uploading copies to every places you now need to track as to where you've posted your content.

IMHO bandwidth and storage costs being an issue are a perfect example of a reason to use a hosting service. A 97kb jpeg is 1990s level resolution and quality and if money is driving that limitation, its even further justification for leaning on funded, robust infrastructure and a company/buget and business model around that industry. Just my $.02...may not be relevant to what amounts to tribal discussions about a niche manufacturer-specific corner of the net.

Last edited:

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Fortunately, OTT offers each user their individual choice. Those that want to upload images here can do so (free of charge). Those that want control over their images and/or higher resolution can link to their images wherever they have hosted them.

Best of both worlds, no need to argue. :D

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
Fortunately, OTT offers each user their individual choice. Those that want to upload images here can do so (free of charge). Those that want control over their images and/or higher resolution can link to their images wherever they have hosted them.

Best of both worlds, no need to argue. :D
100% agreed. Hosting options for images is a basic function of the internet these days and a can of worms in the world of digital preservation.

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
I find clicking on a link to see a picture, then close and repeat the process to see the next picture a backward step to attracting folks to the forum.

I beseech the owners to do something to allow pictures without hassles!
x2, seeing the pics easily is a must in my view.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Ok think we got this sorted it out. It was a combination of settings, out of date software versions, database versions, a whole bunch of stuff that needed to be updated and untangled. The new max sizes are 1024x768. Could someone give this a shot and see if you are unblocked? Seems to work ok for me but my account has special access on the site so I want to be sure any visitor can also upload bigger images without an issue.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Ok think we got this sorted it out.....The new max sizes are 1024x768. Could someone give this a shot and see if you are unblocked? Seems to work ok for me but my account has special access on the site so I want to be sure any visitor can also upload bigger images without an issue.
something been working on

high pinion axle swap but not a very large picture.... hmmm will try another one

Ok..... stuck in mud 100 feet from my front door...... check. 1024x768

Attachments

Last edited:

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Ok, not a moderator, portrait orientation:

Yup, seems to work...

Attachments

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Good to see you got it fixed Mr K!!

Carl in France

Equipment
B1400, a box and a single blade plough!
Sep 4, 2019
Haute Pyrénées
Hello,

This seems the place to ask. Why can i only post one picture in a new thread? If i try to put any more it will not work as i upload the second one the first is pushed out and replaced with the second so to post more than one picture i have to post a new reply with another picture.

I was also trying topost a picture in my gallery but just get an error message of upload failed.

Cheers.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.

Sorry, I don't have anything tractor related at the moment, but picture uploading seems to be working OK for me today.

Attachments

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Dang, got a letter from Trumps office last week stating if I didn't donate more to OTT some of my privileges would start to fade away. At first I thought it was a hoax but now......;):D