Roll bar bolt missing on RTVX-1140

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
I am installing a roof on my RTVX-1140.
Instructions say to remove and re-use the factory bolts that are on the roll bar cage.
Well, as luck would have it, one of the bolts were missing.
The bolt head on the other brackets are marked 8.8 and is 1" long with fine threads and these bolts are the same throughout.
Does any one know what the actual metric bolt would be so that I can buy one at the hardware store?
It required a 11 mm socket to remove the others.
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Why not take the other similar bolts along to the hardware store and match it up?

The 8.8 is the metric bolt grade.

Another option would be to check the "Illustrated Parts List" found on Kubota.com. It does list some of the bolt dimensions. I'm not certain which ones you need, but one description is Bolt,Flange (8.8xM10x20). Other bolt sizes are listed also and there is a serial number break for some fasteners.

The drawing you need is listed under HOOD/BONNET, M30200 ROPS (FRONT) or M30300 ROPS (REAR).

This link will not take you directly to the drawings, but will help get you started.

http://kpadweb.kubota.co.jp/kpad2/PartsInfo.do?bookCd=100K5294&funcCd=&figNo=&himban=&dispType=0

FYI...
In looking through some of the drawings, there are a few "CAMPAIGN KIT" listed. I'm guessing these are either for recalls or field issues to solve a common problem. They might be worth noting.

U98500 Rear Knuckle
U98600 Rear Wheels Stud Bolts
U98700 Rear Suspension Arms

Last edited:

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
Yes, I went to Messick's site and looked at the diagram
The missing bolt goes into the bracket marked "A", at the center of the ROPS crossbar..All similar bolts were shown as 090.
Thanks for the help and I will check out the site you gave me.
Happy new year to you!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk