BX2750 breaking stear bolts

KrokenKubota

Equipment
BX2660
Dec 28, 2018
Miltonvale Park
I have a two year old BX2750 snowblower. It seems to break on shear bolt on auger shaft over and over again. The dealership can't seem to explain it or stop it from happening. It has broken the same bolt a dozen times when blowing only light snow. Any suggestions?

kevinj

Equipment
L3940hstc - B7500hst - BX1860 - Farmall 560D - Farmall M
Jun 4, 2018
Michigan
There are 2 shear bolts on the auger shaft.

Are you picking up sticks or stones???

Running up too close to curbs or walls can break them too.

Really need more info like do they break at start up or while working.

Also the augers need to be phased - see your manual.

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
Something has to be jamming the auger, or something is binding on them. I've sucked in some small 2x4 pieces in the past and only blow the fan shear pin, never have broken an auger pin (yet - knock on wood). I've also sucked in some bigger rocks and blown the fan pin (and bent one fan blade), but no effect on the augers.
Check the clearances around the augers in regard to the housing. See if the auger is hitting somewhere. If one of the auger "screws" is bent out of shape, it may be hitting the gear housing (fragile die-cast metal) or some other part of the housing.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
I have broken many auger bolts. Mostly due to hitting ice either from falling off roof of the house or in big piles that need to be relocated.
Only engage at idle speed or just above and check for anything that is a miss and as stated the augers need to be apposed from each other.