MX5200 e-95 code, loss of PTO function

RayBob

Equipment
MX5200
Sep 3, 2018
Warren, Texas
Was out bush hogging/mowing today. Pretty hard mowing, pipeline, old logging roads ... prepping for hunting season here in East Texas. Stopped mowing for a bit to open a bit of road that was overgrown by youpon (spawn of the devil that stuff). Pushed for about 10 minutes and noticed I had a flashing exclamation mark in red on the dash.

Noticed no change in the engine performance or sound. Then noted it was flashing an e-95 code. Decided to drive back to where I had parked and load the tractor back on the trailer. Since I was going that way I thought I'd drop the mower and mow while driving back but no response from the PTO when I turned the switch. Drove the mile or so back without incident and loaded the tractor.

2015 MX5200, std shift. Any clues?

Obviously will call my dealer today. I might add I'm "attempting" to possibly escape taking my tractor the 45 miles to my dealer.

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Says for e95 that the pto solenoid is "in trouble", and the pto shaft cannot rotate. I am wondering if that is secondary to whatever caused the exclamation mark? Do you remember more about that? Otherwise besides taking it to dealer all you can do is look for things like wires that have been torn loose by the brush.

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
My L4701 WSM for E-95 (probably same for MX) says:
Trouble Item- PTO Solenoid.
Probable Cause:
-PTO solenoid value failure.
-Wiring for PTO solenoid is disconnected or short-circuited.
-Grounding plate of solenoid is poor contact with chassis.
Solution:
For first two causes: Check the wiring connector of PTO solenoid valve.
For third: Check PTO solenoid valve.

The red exclamation mark is: Master system warning. If trouble should occur at the engine, transmission or other control parts, the indicator flashes as a warning.

Last edited:

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the OTT forum.

RayBob

Equipment
MX5200
Sep 3, 2018
Warren, Texas
Thanks for the welcome. I'm usually hang out on fishing, firearms, or football forums.

The exclamation is flashing. Having said that the PTO engage knob feels "wrong". Not going in to work today so I'll get out to the shed and give it the eye test for loose wiring. I am worried about things really major .... like crankshaft sensoring:eek:.

I have 6 weeks until this machine is paid off, I'm a year past warranty for all except the drivetrain. Only 240 hours on the tractor.

Thanks for the responses,

Bob

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Any updates? My tractor is doing the same thing today after skidding out a bunch of wood with my farmi winch...
First suggestion. Look under the tractor for a sensor without an attached wire or wires that are compromised.

If it’s a sensor or other, suggest investing in the WSM.