RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Oh my....that looks good Ford.
For Super Bowl...work in progress:
Mama Celeste showed up and made a couple pies, one with sausage and peppers, other plain cheese. Really, a big redneck guy made them. [emoji41]
I’ll also make some homemade chicken tenders, and maybe some wings. Those will have my Redneck Chef & Son Wing sauce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
:D I wasn't looking for that question. :)

I normally grill "airplane" chicken which includes the wings & landing gear. Just 2 of us here now so there will be "warmovers" for another meal. ;)

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
:D I wasn't looking for that question. :)

I normally grill "airplane" chicken which includes the wings & landing gear. Just 2 of us here now so there will be "warmovers" for another meal. ;)
For a little fun at the grocery store, ask the cashier if they are front or back legs, also with wings if they are the left or right wings :D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
For a little fun at the grocery store, ask the cashier if they are front or back legs, also with wings if they are the left or right wings :D
A buddy of mine does a second to none feed of fish and chips caught right out front that will melt in your mouth. Beer batter of course with a couple beer chaser.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
A while back when I was teaching vet students gross anatomy, for what I thought would be
a joke and a free point, during a lab exam I put out a chicken wing in its Kentucky Colonel cardboard box. The question was " Is this a forelimb or a hindlimb?"

Regrettably they didn't all get it right, and furthermore they were really mad at me for asking a question that wasn't out of their book! So much for making jokes!

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
A while back when I was teaching vet students gross anatomy, for what I thought would be
a joke and a free point, during a lab exam I put out a chicken wing in its Kentucky Colonel cardboard box. The question was " Is this a forelimb or a hindlimb?"

Regrettably they didn't all get it right, and furthermore they were really mad at me for asking a question that wasn't out of their book! So much for making jokes!
Lol! I kind of did the same thing. I used to cook at a restaurant in the small town I was raised in. When I knew the regulars orders (and they knew me too), I would send the new waiter/waitress back to ask how they wanted their chicken cooked and if they wanted front or back legs if they ordered dark meat or left or right wings on white meat. Our regulars would always go along with it, the wait staff were always pissed when they figured it out.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Every occupations has it's own jokes for green workers. Sky hooks for construction workers and muster buckets for young soldiers to name a couple.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
Tonight was the few left overs from last night..
Home smoked and canned pork cubes.
Home canned sweet potatoes..
Home made pancake, biscuit mix to make dumplings on top.

The smell drove me crazy while it was baking. I know, short trip....
>>>>>>>

A buddy of mine does a second to none feed of fish and chips caught right out front that will melt in your mouth. Beer batter of course with a couple beer chaser.

Same here on the west coast... Nothing better than fresh fish.. Other than smoked fish... eh...
>>>>>>

they were really mad at me for asking a question that wasn't out of their book!

I used to do the same in tool and die shop with young people who thought they were machinist.. What colors are left and right die springs.. If anyone growled about things like that, I would tell them, GHOYA, and start thinking for yourself, not the text book.. (GHOYA = get head out of your a$$)

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Every occupations has it's own jokes for green workers. Sky hooks for construction workers and muster buckets for young soldiers to name a couple.
Used to tell the rookies to go ask for the optical fiber stretcher.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
After an exam In which I had the clinic blood donor goat tied out for the exam, and which they'd seen for several labs to listen for rumen gurgling etc etc, I gave up on jokes and free points. The question was " You are asked to do a breeding soundness exam on this goat. What do you tell the owners?"

I got everything from he's got crooked feet, back too long, and flat. Etc.

He was castrated.

They were mad about that too. And yes they had had the section on reproductive systems.

No sense of humor. :(

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
No way I can top the castrated goat, but some jokes on newbies come to mind:

My Silviculture professor walked my class out into a wood lot. Set up his little battery- operated speaker system and asked the group if this had been logged and when.
I pointed out the old stump his speakers were on and guessed it was many years ago......

As a young wise-apple in the restaurant business, I would ask a new young dishwasher to open a bunch of #10 cans on the can opener.

A manual commercial can opener is a very simple thing, but how it works isn’t quite obvious just looking at it mounted to a work table.

Some of the problem-solving methods and skills were fascinating.....[emoji2957]

That was a litmus test I tried to use on all of them.....

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
No way I can top the castrated goat, but some jokes on newbies come to mind:

My Silviculture professor walked my class out into a wood lot. Set up his little battery- operated speaker system and asked the group if this had been logged and when.
I pointed out the old stump his speakers were on and guessed it was many years ago......

As a young wise-apple in the restaurant business, I would ask a new young dishwasher to open a bunch of #10 cans on the can opener.

A manual commercial can opener is a very simple thing, but how it works isn’t quite obvious just looking at it mounted to a work table.

Some of the problem-solving methods and skills were fascinating.....[emoji2957]

That was a litmus test I tried to use on all of them.....

Many to be had in the car business too, and I won’t go too far in this food thread lol. But we just had a good one a couple months ago. Our oil change kids lifted a Lincoln town car without shutting the air suspension off, so when they set it back down on the ground the back of the car is set all the way down, and you can’t get the lift arms out from under it. So they come rushing over to me and another tech that were talking asking for help thinking they just messed up, we go over there and tell each one to grab the rear fender wells and lift. Them poor kids sat there the whole time the air compressor was running to pump the bags back up lol

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
After a week of 70's degree weather and then this 40 degree stuff came blasting through, the wife thought that it was time for a pot of hamburger/veggi soup and a pone of cornbread. I agreed!

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
After a week of 70's degree weather and then this 40 degree stuff came blasting through, the wife thought that it was time for a pot of hamburger/veggi soup and a pone of cornbread. I agreed!
Few years ago, our average temperature for the whole month of February was 9 degrees.....yep, 9...it is a great deterrent for alligators and pythons, but we keep lookin' for 'em...:p

40's in February are a heat wave! Jeepers, shorts come out at 50+..

Dang that soup looks good.

You're a lucky man! :)

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Our forecast for tonight is a brutal bone chilling 31 degrees....Yikes!!!

I absolutely will be building a flicker in the fireplace insert tomorrow morning.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Threw a couple shoulders on the smoker this afternoon. Stay tundey

wgator

Equipment
L4701HST, FEL and other stuff.
Jul 28, 2018
NC
My wife makes a hamburger soup that has me hungry just thinking about it.