What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Birdadly

Sep 28, 2019
Wisconsin
Not quite mine yet, but yesterday I was going to take delivery of my new BX1880 w/loader and 54” mower. My local dealer had it delivered to them from another of their stores further away so I could get some seat time on it before taking ownership (I’m new to tractors). Well, the other store put two different sized tires on the rear, and sent a 48” mower... umm yeah. Doesn’t quite give me the greatest feeling, but hopefully it’s not a sign of future issues!

Anyway, I drove it a little bit. Their service guy went over everything about it with me so I feel pretty comfortable with it now. I’m sure it’ll take more seat time to figure it all out though, slow and steady for now! -Brad

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Did some skiddin’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Not quite mine yet, but yesterday I was going to take delivery of my new BX1880 w/loader and 54” mower. My local dealer had it delivered to them from another of their stores further away so I could get some seat time on it before taking ownership (I’m new to tractors). Well, the other store put two different sized tires on the rear, and sent a 48” mower... umm yeah. Doesn’t quite give me the greatest feeling, but hopefully it’s not a sign of future issues!

Anyway, I drove it a little bit. Their service guy went over everything about it with me so I feel pretty comfortable with it now. I’m sure it’ll take more seat time to figure it all out though, slow and steady for now! -Brad
So are they going to send the right set up you paid for?

Birdadly

Sep 28, 2019
Wisconsin
So are they going to send the right set up you paid for?
Heya Utopia, they understood that I didn’t want to sign papers as it was, so they’re fixing it up and plan to deliver this Thursday. After looking it over then I can sign for it. I don’t have immediate need for it anyway, so it’s all good.

Since it’s another few days, I’m having him get me pricing for a rear setup to pull my trailer, and hold some weights. I’m new to this stuff so am asking for their advice. Not sure if I should grab the quick hitch right away or what. I may not be using rear implements anytime soon, just the trailer hitch and something to hold weight for snow removal and moving dirt. -Brad

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I have been wanting to make an extension pipe for the exhaust on my BX, the pipe doesn't even extend clear of the cowling. So, Sunday I decided to finally get it done.
I had trouble just finding 1 1/4" exhaust pipe, but finally fond one with a 45° bend on Amazon a couple of months ago.
The big problem was that no one I could find could swedge the end so it would slip over the existing pipe. I found an expander that said it would fit pipes with IDs down to 1 1/8", but it wouldn't fit inside the pipe.
I finally decided to make a mandrel to press into the pipe, so I turned a piece of 1 1/4" bar stock down so it would fit inside the pipe and made a tapered area that would expand the pipe when it was pressed into it. I greased it up and pressed it into the pipe and drove it out with a brass drift and hammer.
However, the ID wasn't quite large enough to fit over the exhaust pipe. The expander would fit into the pipe, but wasn't able to stretch the pipe at all.
I looked around for something the correct size and came up with a 15/16" deep well Snap-On socket that looked like it would do the job. I greased it up and pressed it into the pipe and it drove quite easily, and now the extension would fit perfectly on the exhaust pipe.
I had to cut the 45° bend off the expand the pipe, so I welded it on, smoothed out the weld, bead blasted it and painted it with some silver header paint.
All I need to do is drill a hole to put a sheet metal screw in to keep it from coming loose.
This should keep the loader and brush guard from getting black soot on them from now on.

Attachments

Last edited:

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
I have been wanting to make an extension pipe for the exhaust on my BX, the pipe doesn't even extend clear of the cowling. So, Sunday I decided to finally get it done.

This should keep the loader and brush guard from getting black soot on them from now on.
Nice work!

Cfrazer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2670-1,FEL, BX5450, BBox, GS1548, RB1560, QH05, AI2 Forks, SS Curtis Cab
Jan 22, 2018
North Rose, NY, USA
Performed the 200 hour service on my BX - oil & filter, HST filter, Air filter, cleaned radiator screen. Dealer suggested I change fuel filters as well, book doesn't call for it yet but better safe than sorry I guess, sad to say but that bottom one took me about a half hour to get off, but about 2 minutes to put the new one on, think they would give a little extra fuel line so you could pull it down a bit would make it a lot easier.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
Performed the 200 hour service on my BX - oil & filter, HST filter, Air filter, cleaned radiator screen. Dealer suggested I change fuel filters as well, book doesn't call for it yet but better safe than sorry I guess, sad to say but that bottom one took me about a half hour to get off, but about 2 minutes to put the new one on, think they would give a little extra fuel line so you could pull it down a bit would make it a lot easier.

I don't have a BX, but there are relocation kits for that filter. I have 2 ZD mowers with inline filters that I got tired of replacing, so I swapped the first filter with a large spin on filter bolted to the frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Cfrazer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2670-1,FEL, BX5450, BBox, GS1548, RB1560, QH05, AI2 Forks, SS Curtis Cab
Jan 22, 2018
North Rose, NY, USA
I don't have a BX, but there are relocation kits for that filter. I have 2 ZD mowers with inline filters that I got tired of replacing, so I swapped the first filter with a large spin on filter bolted to the frame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to do some research on that before the next change.

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Had to pressure wash the house - put the pressure washer in the man cage on the forks to help me reach the higher points.

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
Worked on my rear hydraulic setup on my BX24. I just need to make the hoses to hook it up to the backhoe connections. I plan to eventually be able to use them to control a hydraulic thumb on the backhoe by plumbing the valve inline with the hoe. I picked up the valve at a swap meet cheap and I replaced all of the o-rings. I believe it came off of a JD garden tractor.

Attachments

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Heat is on in the garage for winter poor tractor was in 40* garage before turning on heat ... tractor slept in 60*

Grand kids will be carving pumpkins out there this evening

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Was checking my rear wheels on the L245DT - the rims are slowly corroding away due to calcium, and the tires have the usual sidewall cracking although the tread is good. My dealer was talking about ordering new tires and rims as whole goods last year at a great price, so I was there yesterday and asked them to check pricing. Apparently, the combo is no longer available, and neither are the rims, and when they were they were $560 ea :( Not such a good deal. Time to start thinking about alternatives.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
My helper and I split and hauled a few loads of firewood this morning.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Kids blew the clutch up on the go cart,used the bota to tow em back to the house.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Worked at the farm with dad today. We did more clearing and cleaning up. Cut down one tree and moved the brush with the Kubota to the pile and hauled the firewood to the log pile. I moved and pushed down some smaller trees so dad was able to pull out an old wagon that had become overgrown.

Attachments