L3200 HST loss of power

Waterguy

Equipment
L3200, brush hog,box scraper, rotary harrow, single-bottom plow, rotary tiller,
May 19, 2012
Valley Center, CA
I have a newer L3200 with 160 hours on it. I have two acres that turns to a weed patch every spring. While operating my brush hog at 500-540 RPM, I get about 3/4 of the way done and engine power starts rapidly dropping off as if it is fuel starved. I have checked and replaced the fuel filter, bled the fuel system with the fuel bleed valve. If it stops, sometimes it will start right back up and other times I have to wait a minute or so to get back up to speed. I have had the same situation occur when I leveling a pad for a 25'x50' trailer cover I was building. I would sink the rippers then go back and skim off the dirt that I need. I have a aftermarket top link and tilt kit I installed that works beautifully. This issue only seem to occur after prolonged heavier than normal loading, but in no way excessive loading. Any clues from you folks? Thanks in advance for any advice you might be able to give me. Also, it is not the seat switch. When it starts to die I feather the throttle lever back and forth and it seems to catch up most of the time.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
L32000 HST loss of power

Sure sounds like fuel. Other things that come to mind are a vacuum building in the tank (loosen cap and check for air rush), clogged fuel inlet in the tank, bad fuel, sucking air from bad fuel line or connection, or air restriction from clogged air filter. I have also heard of defective or clogged fuel shut off valve at the filter (on the bowl if so equipped).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
rjcorazza covered all the points.

The fuel cap vent is #1 on my list.

There is also a screen in the inlet of the filter housing on most housings, that has been know to get clogged.