What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
I made a kickstand for my TS rear blade (why don`t they come with them:rolleyes:)
Simple 3/4in galv pipe, flange, mounting flange, drilled& tapped 3/8ths holes.
The "pin stay" thru holes are also 3/8ths. Still need a chain put on the pin so it don`t get lost.
I screwed a square piece of pressure treated decking board on the bottom for now just to keep it from sinking in the ground when parked outside for long periods of time. But that was after i took the picture.

I also added large flat washers to the 3pt pins to remove the side to side slop on the QA hitch.

20220926_205435.jpg

Reactions: 16 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I made a kickstand for my TS rear blade (why don`t they come with them:rolleyes:)
The "pin stay" thru holes are also 3/8ths. Still need a chain put on the pin so it don`t get lost.
I screwed a square piece of pressure treated decking board on the bottom for now just to keep it from sinking in the ground when parked outside for long periods of time. But that was after i took the picture.

I also added large flat washers to the 3pt pins to remove the side to side slop on the QA hitch.

View attachment 97852
OK that's pretty darn slick. I like it.

(y)

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

View attachment 97852
Very nice! I need to make something similar for the JD 825 turnover plow. I like that mounting flange.

Reactions: 1 user

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Very nice! I need to make something similar for the JD 825 turnover plow. I like that mounting flange.
Thank you mcmxi :)
You can buy all of it right at Lowes. Everything i bought was right in the pipe/plumbing department. It was very cost effective with this mod because it was really the simplest way i could do it with limited SS funds. I`ve seen so many different ways and mods that other`s have done. Some were kinda scary looking, lol. My own idea came to my brain just on a whim when i was walking around Lowes one day. I just happened to see the mounting flange, and said, yeahhhhh, i can make that work, lol. (my gears are always turning, lol) Later this summer, i plan on pulling it all back off and paint it so that it looks a little better than it does right now.

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont

View attachment 97852
That is a good question !!

I did the same type thing with my LandPride blade 20 years ago. Very nice job by the way. Great for non-welders !!

gg

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Now thats pretty slick,, what year is the block head in the back ground?

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
If anyone is interested in a parts list to my kickstand build for my rear 3pt 6` blade, here you go.
I have added a galvanized 3/4in top cap on the top (that was not in the picture)
Adding the cap will keep the pipe from falling thru the mount flange.
If i missed something, let me know, i`ll post it.

Hopefully this will help some folks out here looking for a simple kickstand idea.
Everything was bought at my local Lowes

Pipe

Bottom Flange

Mount

Top Cap

Cotterless Hitch Pin

Flange Mount Bolts (3/8 x 16 x 1-1/2)

20220926_205435.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
That is a good question !!

I did the same type thing with my LandPride blade 20 years ago. Very nice job by the way. Great for non-welders !!

gg
Thanks g-man!
Yes sir, thats how it all happened... my welder was down, and this was an easy idea/fix.

Last edited:

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

View attachment 97852
Did a similar thing a while back. Admit I have hooked to the blade and forgot about my stand…..:):)

image.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yes Sir the TC is it EFI or carb,,, oh and if you head some one talking about a block head it is a TC,,, you know shovel head,, pan head ,, and the TC because it looks like a block :)

• Love

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Finished up the "Project Wasteland" this afternoon. 20 yards of enriched soil, 100 lbs of seed and 7 bales of straw later, I will pray for rain as well as health and happiness. I "tilled" the dirt with a box blade, then spread the topsoil and went over it again. Smoothed it all down by back dragging. Then spread seed and straw.
Didn't get a photo, but the EA grapple was perfect for hauling the hay bales. Fit em all in its mouth. I closed the jaws a bit too tight and busted the twine holding two of them together. When I let them go, straw went everywhere! 😆
20230313_190019.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Finished up the "Project Wasteland" this afternoon. 20 yards of enriched soil, 100 lbs of seed and 7 bales of straw later, I will pray for rain as well as health and happiness. I "tilled" the dirt with a box blade, then spread the topsoil and went over it again. Smoothed it all down by back dragging. Then spread seed and straw.
Didn't get a photo, but the EA grapple was perfect for hauling the hay bales. Fit em all in its mouth. I closed the jaws a bit too tight and busted the twine holding two of them together. When I let them go, straw went everywhere! 😆
View attachment 97913
ET, that looks fantastic! Nice Job! (y)(y)