L345DT in need of TLC

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I butt weld but I undercut the joint and usually TIG weld it. I find that with TIG, I have much better control of weld depth and weld rod deposition and the finished weld looks better too. When you undercut the mating ends you are actually doing a fillet weld.

biffog

Equipment
L345DT & B5000
Sep 30, 2019
Clane, KE, Ireland
Haven't posted for a while, everything stripped,repaired and repainted. In the assembly phase, which is taking forever, but getting there. Currently re-wiring, all new cable connectors and LED's. Next to install injectors and do valve timing.
Whats the easiest way to turn the crankshaft when doing the valve adjustment - I was thinking pull decompress cable, put tractor in gear and roll it? is there an easier way? Also if anyone has an step by step for doing the valves it would be great.

See some pictures, thanks for all the help.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Looking good. I love old tractors, I have 2 myself.

biffog

Equipment
L345DT & B5000
Sep 30, 2019
Clane, KE, Ireland
Hi guys the drive unit for the hour meter is not working on the tractor, took it off and when I spin the gear on the end that attaches to the gear case it does no turn the spindle for the cable - there was another post on here saying service dept vic had a video on how to repair, but I cant find it - anybody have an idea how to open this unit and repair - or is that even possible? I guess it is just a small bevel gear

hour meter drive.jpg