Insurance

ki4dog

Equipment
L2501, Loader, DH1060, Titan 1205 rotary cutter, Titan pallet forks, TERYX
May 30, 2020
Kingston, TN
The dealer with the best tractor price (so far) is telling me I have to use Kubota insurance with full replacement cost at $360 a year. My farm insurer says they can insure me for $98 a year, but can't offer the full replacement. I called another dealer and they don't care who I insure with. My concern is that the first dealer may not be telling me all my options, which makes me suspicious. Anyone have a similar experience or opinion? This is my first new tractor purchase, so thanks in advance.

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
I bought a Kubota couple of months back and with Kubota and their insurance either dealer I talked to had it included in the loan payment and not a separate payment. For my tractor the price was near $60,000 and the insurance for five years was over three thousand dollars. With my farm insurance company their price was about $220 per year but without replacement cost and with a $1,000 deductible. The Kubota insurance is $250. No idea the price of the tractor you are buying but ask the other dealers if Kubota will allow you to pay it by the year and for the price the low price dealer is quoting you. You may find he is not offering Kubota insurance.

Cranblue

Feb 23, 2019
Lincolnton NC
The dealer with the best tractor price (so far) is telling me I have to use Kubota insurance with full replacement cost at $360 a year. My farm insurer says they can insure me for $98 a year, but can't offer the full replacement. I called another dealer and they don't care who I insure with. My concern is that the first dealer may not be telling me all my options, which makes me suspicious. Anyone have a similar experience or opinion? This is my first new tractor purchase, so thanks in advance.
Bought a tractor in Charlotte NC last year I used our home owners salesman gave me a little grief said there not making money on insurance ?? Or if I brought it in for repair it would not be covered on there lot !!! That was totally BS... If your a home owner not using tractor off your property you can use other Insurance we had no problem with home owners ***128077;***128077;

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Might want to do some research on this forum about Kubota insurance. Homeowners and other insurance will usually cover theft or storm damage when on your property. If you break any part of your tractor when covered by Kubota ins. and you pay a $250 deductible and the remainder of repair cost is covered, parts and labor.

You may say, not me, I don't need it. If you'd ever have a limb fall on you hood, or need something major done on the engine, you'll wish you would have!

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I bought the Kubota insurance. My first 'real' tractor. I had changed the forks to the bucket to do some ditching along my driveway. After 15 seconds of ditching I relized the bucket didn't look right. One side of the 'quick connect' wasn't fully engaged when I started digging and bent the quick connect piece on the loader.
$250. deductible , the local dealer replaced it and I was glad I had insurance.

Reactions: 1 user

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
If you are financing through Kubota Credit, then it is Kubota Credit requirement that you have the insurance, not the dealer. As WFM pointed out, the Kubota insurance is way more coverage than any other insurance unless you specifically tailor a plan to match it.

ki4dog

Equipment
L2501, Loader, DH1060, Titan 1205 rotary cutter, Titan pallet forks, TERYX
May 30, 2020
Kingston, TN
I've decided just to get the insurance through the dealer because everything else has been fine. It just concerned me that no other Kubota dealer in my area required I insure through KTAC. Thanks for the replies.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Might want to do some research on this forum about Kubota insurance. Homeowners and other insurance will usually cover theft or storm damage when on your property. If you break any part of your tractor when covered by Kubota ins. and you pay a $250 deductible and the remainder of repair cost is covered, parts and labor.

You may say, not me, I don't need it. If you'd ever have a limb fall on you hood, or need something major done on the engine, you'll wish you would have!
+1 though I never had it on my tractors but then I never had any issues either. My wife has it on her Kubota side by side however because it's a new model and stuff happens.

My tractors, all the implements, mowers, balers, rakes, tedders, fertilizer application equipment made hay and feed as well as the farm itself is covered under one policy (even my bulk diesel) with a 1000 buck deductible but no repairs on anything, that is on me 100%. But then I don't break stuff either.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I hate insurance. I think its a rip off. But for the last ten years I've been sleeping with an insurance agent(no not Flo), so I've learned a lot about insurances and agents. One thing is an licensed agent has a certain standard that they are held to. One thing is to make sure you have the coverage you need. If something happens , you shouldn't say why isn't that covered. If your agent is good. You should be. They look at a lot of different aspects of your life and coverage.
One webinar I listened to as I was surfing the net in my recliner was "A backhoe isn't just a backhoe", a backhoe parked in a gravel pit is a backhoe.
But a insured with a backhoe on his property is a backhoe waiting to be transported somewhere possibly. Does the insured have a equipment trailer for transport ? If so then other aspects of whats needed to be put into the policey is added. Also in Tennessee a backhoe was seen on a barge. Is that just a backhoe ? Of course not, the maritime marine insurance laws come into play and are added to the general policy. LOL. See I've learned a lot about insurance. Another thing Ive learned is the agent is there to help you.
Not screw you. So don't lie. Be honest and up front and have the coverage you need.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
But for the last ten years I've been sleeping with an insurance agent(no not Flo), so I've learned a lot about insurances and agents.

...the agent is there to help you. Not screw you.
Wait. Now I'm really confused...Sounds like you are too :confused:

just kidding...:D

Carry on.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I hate insurance. I think its a rip off. But for the last ten years I've been sleeping with an insurance agent(no not Flo), so I've learned a lot about insurances and agents. One thing is an licensed agent has a certain standard that they are held to. One thing is to make sure you have the coverage you need. If something happens , you shouldn't say why isn't that covered. If your agent is good. You should be. They look at a lot of different aspects of your life and coverage.
One webinar I listened to as I was surfing the net in my recliner was "A backhoe isn't just a backhoe", a backhoe parked in a gravel pit is a backhoe.
But a insured with a backhoe on his property is a backhoe waiting to be transported somewhere possibly. Does the insured have a equipment trailer for transport ? If so then other aspects of whats needed to be put into the policey is added. Also in Tennessee a backhoe was seen on a barge. Is that just a backhoe ? Of course not, the maritime marine insurance laws come into play and are added to the general policy. LOL. See I've learned a lot about insurance. Another thing Ive learned is the agent is there to help you.
Not screw you
. So don't lie. Be honest and up front and have the coverage you need.
Have you screwed your agent lately......??:eek: You don't need to answer however?

M7MetalWorks

Equipment
L3560 HST, LA805 loader, FDR1672 finish mower, LP 48" Pallet Forks
May 30, 2020
Graysville, IN
www.youtube.com
I just bought an L3560 HST and I got the KTAC. It is pricey but it is very good insurance. I financed thru Kubota so it was part of the deal. Good piece of mind and if I break something then I'll be glad I got it. I purchased an L3130 in 2005 and was not required to get this insurance. I never damaged that tractor either so I would not have been advantaged with it.

Last edited:

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
Not trying to cover all the possibilities in difference in coverages and yes my wife sleeps with this insurance agent.

My farm insurance covers my tractor for all risk just like the Kubota plan does. Both will pay for my breaking stuff but not parts failure. That is warranty. The Kubota insurance covers full value and mine covers cash value, like an auto policy does. Mine is full coverage again like an auto policy. Your home owners may but it may only cover such theft or fire or such and not if you were to damage it such as you rolled it or dropped a tree on it. There can be great variance in the coverage of a rider on a home owner policy even with same insurance company from state to state. As has been said very well, have an agent who knows their product.

MinnyKubotaGuy

Equipment
SSV65
May 17, 2021
Minnesota
If I hit my own camper will ktak cover the damages ? I was moving some concrete staves and accidentally backed into it, scratches on my skiddy but camper is probably a loss. Will it cover me hitting my own property ?