D1102 E3 GB wsm

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
Just got a hold of an 8kw light tower with this engine in it and was wondering where I could get a work shop manual for it. After considerable searching on the net, I have come up with nothing.
It has some neat features on it like a lower hose heater, a spin on fuel filter, and the best of all, an air shutoff valve in case of diesel run away.
Thanks for any leads you may have.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Send "North Idaho Wolfman" a message, he may have an 82mm series service manual kicking around, not sure I do and don't have my list with me.
There is an older 82mm series tractor manual here you may be able to glean some info from if NIW doesen't have an engine manual
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1101745/Kubota-L185.html

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
That air shut off valve may be a good safety devise for those trying to have peace of mind with their tractors left out.

Someone trying to start an engine with that in the OFF position would never figure that one out.

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
As of this moment, there are no problems whatsoever. Whenever I manage to acquire a piece of equipment, part of the terms of sale will be including the shop manual but this does not work with private sales. Having a wsm in hand before problems start makes repair so much easier.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
What's the brand name for the light tower and model?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
As of this moment, there are no problems whatsoever. Whenever I manage to acquire a piece of equipment, part of the terms of sale will be including the shop manual but this does not work with private sales. Having a wsm in hand before problems start makes repair so much easier.
I'll dig into my pile of manuals and see what I can come up with.
One thing to note, is the 02 series of engines are very similar threw all of the engine sizes and 90% of all the parts swap from one to the other.

On the block facing up right next to the injection pump will be the engine model and serial # stamped into the block, if you give me that # It might help me narrow down the search for the WSM that will match it. ;)

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
Must be having a senior moment. I went back to find the model and serial # on the engine, and there is nothing on the injector pump side. However, on the other side we have cast in model and serial.
Model 1105D
Serial 11230 that last digit could be a Q

On the valve cover there is the following on the label, apparently in reference
to pollution compliance.
D1105-BG-ET01

The light tower itself is a Magnum MLT5080K

Is there much of a difference between a D1102 and a D1105?

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
The magnums are pretty good units. At one point I had 60 of the mlt3060 in my fleet. Had the D1105 engine in it. Out of all those units, I only had one engine grenade at 1,000 hours. The rest were pretty much bulletproof. If it quit, check the fuel filter, and radiator. Was usually either low on coolant, moth plugged fins in the radiator, or someone had some bumb fuel in it.

Some of them had upwards of 15,000 hours on them before they were sold. The 3060 only had the 6kw gen end instead of the 8kw.

Keep the oil changed at 250 hours if your using it continuously. Make sure and keep the radiator cleaned. The Moths get drawn in between the light, and the diesel smell. Use to have to back the pressure off on the shop pressure washer and steam clean the radiators periodically.

Haven't had any experience with the tier 4 engines. Shouldn't be an issue since it's only 13hp so no regens or particulate filters.

Should be a tag on the unit with generac's number on it. If its an older magnum, the number on the tag is still in service. You can call them, ask for technical support and see of they can email you a pdf of the operators/ parts manual if you don't have it.

Parts breakdown for the engine will only cover the dealer add on parts such as fuel solenoid, shut down sensors, and light maintenance parts.

Parts breakdown will cover all other aspects of the unit from frame components to breakers, light assemblies, mast parts, winches, ect...... If it uses LED's for the lights, they may be dealer only. But check with an electric supply before paying dealer prices and shipping.

The mast lights for the 3060's that I had, took the same bulbs and sockets as the street light at the end of my driveway :rolleyes:

Last edited:

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
Many thanks for all the links, I've downloaded them all.
This engine has over 11000 hours on it and still runs like a swiss watch. Having said that, I may have jinxed it, and it may grenade tomorrow.