What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Moved more dirt and gave the garden another pass with the tiller.

20220606_192425.jpg

20220606_192450.jpg
20220606_195032.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
No idea! This is what I made the rows with then removed the furrow shovel to clean up weeds later. View attachment 81416
This is the FIL’s attachment and older than the dirt it’s plowing. Wanting something of my own that will work with my pats and euro ball hydro top link. Just trying to pick the best implement. Either the GB70, 110 cultivator or a Fred Cain 11 shank plow are in the running. I have a set of disc coming also. I don’t mind removing something for weed clean up once rows are established.
If you just want something to make the furrow for you seeds…
https://heavyhitch.com/product/ripper-sub-soiler-potato-plow-middle-buster/….however for that price you could get an actual middle buster / potato plow. Either of those options would be much cheaper than an EA garden bedder. I’ve thought about a cultivator, however I have not figured out the spacing for everything just yet to plant stuff so I have not pulled the trigger on that…it’s on my list though.

Reactions: 1 user

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
If you just want something to make the furrow for you seeds…
https://heavyhitch.com/product/ripper-sub-soiler-potato-plow-middle-buster/….however for that price you could get an actual middle buster / potato plow. Either of those options would be much cheaper than an EA garden bedder. I’ve thought about a cultivator, however I have not figured out the spacing for everything just yet to plant stuff so I have not pulled the trigger on that…it’s on my list though.
I need the furrow to make rows, then once planted, something to clean up the weeds/grass that grows before the garden shadows it out. Just can’t make up my mind or know what is the best implement. I don’t mind having to add or remove something for clean up once the beds are laid out.

GB would be adding/removing the furrow shovel.
Cultivator would be removing sweeps and adding furrow to lay off rows. Reversing for clean up.
Fred Cain would be pulling middle shank for clean up.

I think the GB is the best value, as it can lay out rows and clean up with furrow removal. And, unlike the cultivator it will cover my 73” tracks.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I need the furrow to make rows, then once planted, something to clean up the weeds/grass that grows before the garden shadows it out. Just can’t make up my mind or know what is the best implement. I don’t mind having to add or remove something for clean up once the beds are laid out.

GB would be adding/removing the furrow shovel.
Cultivator would be removing sweeps and adding furrow to lay off rows. Reversing for clean up.
Fred Cain would be pulling middle shank for clean up.

I think the GB is the best value, as it can lay out rows and clean up with furrow removal. And, unlike the cultivator it will cover my 73” tracks.
That makes sense. I think you could add additional sweeps in place of the discs if you wanted, however I am not sure cultivators always have the shovels on them or is it just the tines? I don’t think it matters if it works…it’s all some form or another of tilling/cultivating. Trial and error and experimenting to find what works best. I think the beer tastes better when your done. It’s better than my normal weekly job…you can believe that.

• Love

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
That makes sense. I think you could add additional sweeps in place of the discs if you wanted, however I am not sure cultivators always have the shovels on them or is it just the tines? I don’t think it matters if it works…it’s all some form or another of tilling/cultivating. Trial and error and experimenting to find what works best. I think the beer tastes better when your done. It’s better than my normal weekly job…you can believe that.
True. Think I’m just gonna get the GB and ask if I can swap the disc for another set of sweeps and tips.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I spent my day mowing my trail system and the area around my little wildlife pond with the 6 foot Landpride cutter. The pond is doing well after putting down the sodium bentonite. Water level rose 3 inches with the 1 1/4 rain last night. Very happy with the performance of both the L2501 and Landpride cutter. The ride is a lot nicer than I was used to with my B7100.

IMG_7754.jpeg
DSC03195.JPG
IMG_7753.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
My concrete piers showed up, all 2600lbs worth. They palletized them on pallets that would not accept a pallet jack without us busting them up with a crowbar (loaded by forklift). My driveway is also relatively steep so the driver let me hook up to the pallet jack and easily pull each busted up 1300+lb pallet up the drive. Then we placed the piers alongside the house until they are ready to install. I love my Kubota 😁
IMG_20220607_123410.jpg

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I moved a bunch of dirt yesterday afternoon/evening with the MX in preparation for a new 16'x24' storage shed for one tractor and some firewood. I still have quite a bit more to do but it's going well.

When I was done last night I removed both oil pan drain plugs and the engine oil filter, and let the tractor sit overnight to drain. Early this morning I completed the 50 hour service at 49.8 hours. I changed all three filters, added Schaeffer's 9000 SynShield OTR Plus Full Synthetic 5W-40 oil and topped off the hydraulic system with 2 quarts of Kubota UDT2 hydraulic oil. It could be the placebo effect but the engine sounds even better after the oil change.

Here's the hydraulic oil filter that came off the MX6000 HST last year at 49.6 hours.

mx6000hst_hyd_filter_50hrs.jpg

Here's the MX6000 HSTC hydraulic oil filter removed this morning after 49.8 hours. I would say that there's a similar amount of metal shavings on both magnets. The local dealer doesn't change the hydraulic filter at the 50 hour service which seems odd to me. It's easy to swap it out and only lose a couple of quarts of hydraulic fluid at the most.

mx6000hstc_hyd_filter_50hrs.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
That's interesting, it does not call for it being changed on my L6060 at 50 hrs, but after seeing yours, I think I might do mine. The hst filter lists for 104.78 and the suction is only 54.84. I cut my hst filter open and it looked fine.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Took about six weeks to hit 50 hours on the LX3310 tonight. Did the oil and filters. Lost a bit more UDT then I expected and managed to get some of it on the garage floor so a normal service overall😆

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Took about six weeks to hit 50 hours on the LX3310 tonight. Did the oil and filters. Lost a bit more UDT then I expected and managed to get some of it on the garage floor so a normal service overall😆
Pushing 7.9 on my LX2610 so far, about ready to get that first greasing out of the way 😭 how long did it take you to do the full drain, fill, and filters?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Pushing 7.9 on my LX2610 so far, about ready to get that first greasing out of the way 😭 how long did it take you to do the full drain, fill, and filters?
Less than an hour. I had everything lined up and ready to go. Gave it a greasing and checked the air filters while the oil was draining.

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Just a note for your guys doing 50 hour service.

The front axles on new machines are notorious for being low, and nearly dry in some instances.

Don't forget to check them if you haven't done so already...... :geek: :geek:

Reactions: 5 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

The front axles on new machines are notorious for being low, and nearly dry in some instances.

That's a great point. The local dealer fills them from the drain plug but I need to check the M6060 which came from a dealer in WY. I'm not sure about their due diligence yet. Thanks for the reminder.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Finished the digging yesterday with the Lil Mule, and got the new hydrant hooked up and buried, then got the L4060 out to backfill behind the barn. Those LED worklights I installed worked very well, the tractor though, not so much. I would have thought being a heavier, more powerful tractor it would have no problem moving the freshly dug soil, but nope, it struggled. The level indicator also fell off, and man does that loader bang a lot. The Lil Mule is far easier to use for back filling, but open cab, with lights on at night attract a LOT of bugs.

The Lil Mule (B2410) has finally reached and exceeded the 500 hour mark after 20 years of ownership and due for it's maintenance, and while at it need to go over all the bolts for the backhoe subframe. I felt a lot of shifting around while digging, so something is loose somewhere. I think the clock is slow because I sure used it a lot more than I think that clock says. I should probably time it to see if it actually is running hourly.

While at it, going to go over every bolt on the L4060 as well. I also smell burning oil still, but see no leaks and the oil level is the same. The joystick is also sticking on up curl, I can release it and the bucket will continue to curl.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada

My L6060 was down 1.5 liters. The plugs were still painted over, so the dealer never checked them.

• Wow

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
. . . I think the clock is slow because I sure used it a lot more than I think that clock says. I should probably time it to see if it actually is running hourly. . .
Our old mechanical tachs are like car odometers, except calibrated for hours at rated speed. If you run at half rated rpm, it'll only register hours at half speed.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Sunday's fix 'er up job after sewer line installation in January. No, I did not do the initial dig as I wouldn't have left it looking like it does in the first pic.

What a mess:

Bastian.JPG

Box blade and landscape rake to the rescue (along with much tree trimming).

Regrade2.JPG

another happy customer. Thanks Kubota.