They Dumped This Thing Off

HowieDoin?

Equipment
L-2250 w/ Loader
Mar 6, 2009
North Boston, MA
They dumped the old Kubota L-2250 off late afternoon on a cold day. I was curious why they started the tractor up with a doorbell taped to the loader. They told me the fusible link went and they had to do that to get it on the trailer. The gave me the failed link and somehow it all made some kind of sense. I assured myself that if I replaced the fusible link everything would be OK. I got a new fuse and installed it. When I turned the key to start the motor would not turn over. So Back goes the doorbell. That's how we start the tractor. The tractors 250 miles away so I have not had a lot of time to tinker with this. I do have an owners manual with a wiring diagram. I can't see real good anymore so I have to use a jewelers loop to read it. But as far as I can tell the circuit is pretty simple and should have worked when the link was replaced. My guess is it's either the ignition switch or the safety switch in between the starter and the switch. Where is that safety switch located? Any ideas Guys? I'm making the trip up North tomorrow to drop some stuff off and I can do some lookin'.

HowieDoin?

Equipment
L-2250 w/ Loader
Mar 6, 2009
North Boston, MA
Took a ride to see the tractor this weekend. Changed the air filter, fuel filter, oil and oil filter. Things went smooth thanks to the videos. Looked at the doorbell and it's connected between one of the bayonets in the fusible link socket and a bayonet on the starter. I had not a lot of time to spend on it so I left it for further investigation. Glad the fluids and filters are changed and Got some conditioner in the fuel. I guess I'll get myself a meter, poke around and have a better look next time up.