Won't Start

HowieDoin?

Equipment
L-2250 w/ Loader
Mar 6, 2009
North Boston, MA
My neighbor ran my old L-2250 all winter long clearing his driveway. The other morning it would not start. It did sputter and try to start a few times. But now nothing. The only thing that was done before this happened was the fuel was topped off. It's cold in Central Maine. No conditioner was ever added to the fuel. I suspect a gell problem. Can I clear this out by bleeding the injectors like I see in the video? Any thoughts on this? TIA

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hey Howie, welcome to the site and thank you for posting!

If you suspect a gelled fuel situation then, if it is available, get your equipment into a heated shop or shed and wait for the fuel to liquefy. You'll need to change the fuel filter and then yes, bleed your injector lines. You can see how to do that here:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/2008/11/how-to-bleed-kubota-fuelinjector-lines/

Not sure if you've done this or not because you've got unconditioned fuel, but do make sure you are running a 50/50 water glycol mix in your radiator, water alone won't do (you've probably done this - just checking to make sure :D).

Again, welcome to the site! Vic, have anything to add?

HowieDoin?

Equipment
L-2250 w/ Loader
Mar 6, 2009
North Boston, MA
Have no idea what the concentration of glycol is, but at 32 below zero it's green and still liquid. Looks like we made it. I tipped my neighbor off to this site and the injector bleeding video. He just called me and informed me that after viewing it he went out and used the bleeder valve and it started right up. Looks like the Orange Tractor Talks site has saved the day! My L-2250 is old and beat up. I plan to bring her back "newer" condition. Love the rattle can instructional. Great Site!