Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Implements & Attachments

Implements & Attachments Find everything related to operating, servicing and maintaining that loader, mower, blade, snow blower, tiller, hitch or scraper, right here.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1
frierfly

Equipment: B26TLB
Default B26TLB 3PH Lower Link Pin install

I have a B26TLB that I purchased new in 2016. It did not come with the 3-point hitch kit installed. I just purchased the 3-point hitch kit (B3941) for my B26TLB. I am trying to install the Lower Link Pin, but the frame/subframe seems to be in the way. The only trick/method I can see to slide the Lower Link Pin in to place would be to remove one of the rear wheels. Is this what I have to do?
frierfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
nbryan
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B2650HST ROPS, LA534A, BH77, BB1560, B2782B, WC68 6" Woodchipper
Default Re: B26TLB 3PH Lower Link Pin install

On my B2650 the lower link pin shaft on the tractor has a centered "set bolt" that I loosen just enough for play to get the lower link arm to slide on between the shaft end and BH sub-frame. Usually one link pivot will slip on without loosening the set bolt but not the other. Need like 1-2 mm more but no go without loosening. I think I've got the set bolt backed off just enough now to allow both sides to slide into place, but one needs to be careful not to loosen the pin too much and leave it that way when the arms are removed or the pin could interfere with BH frame attaching and damage something.
And retighten the set bolt locking nut each time, it can and will loosen itself.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

nbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3
frierfly

Equipment: B26TLB
Default Re: B26TLB 3PH Lower Link Pin install

I ended up pulling off one of the rear wheels. Lower Link Pin went in smoothly from that point. There is definitely no way to install the Lower Link Pin without removal of a rear wheel.

I would like to upload the video I took showing how I did the install, but I don't think I can as a new member of this forum.
frierfly is offline   Reply With Quote