Kubot B7610 Bogs down after hot

nailzscott

Equipment
Kubota B7610
Sep 12, 2019
Jenera, OH, US
I have a Kubota B7610 that I use primarily for mowing that starts and runs fine for close to an hour and then starts bogging down. It only has about 350 hours on it and I've had it for probably 10 years.

I changed the fuel filter at about 290 hours and the air filter recently so I'm looking at what else to check.

I plan on checking the fuel flowing to and from the fuel pump but I will only be able to do that after it gets hot.

Are there any other areas that I can check next?

Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have a Kubota B7610 that I use primarily for mowing that starts and runs fine for close to an hour and then starts bogging down. It only has about 350 hours on it and I've had it for probably 10 years.

I changed the fuel filter at about 290 hours and the air filter recently so I'm looking at what else to check.

I plan on checking the fuel flowing to and from the fuel pump but I will only be able to do that after it gets hot.

Are there any other areas that I can check next?

Thanks
Any smoke when it bogs down?
How long does it take to recover?

nailzscott

Equipment
Kubota B7610
Sep 12, 2019
Jenera, OH, US
The first time it bogged down, there was no smoke. I changed the air filter at that point and it seemed to run fine, but I did not run it enough to get it hot. A few days later it was working fine for less than an hour with a box scraper on the back of it when it bogged down and then it a bit it started smoking.

As far as how long to recover - I'm not quite sure since I only started it the next day after using it. I did use it a couple of days ago for about 20 minutes - with no problems - but it was not under any load not did it get hot.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The first time it bogged down, there was no smoke. I changed the air filter at that point and it seemed to run fine, but I did not run it enough to get it hot. A few days later it was working fine for less than an hour with a box scraper on the back of it when it bogged down and then it a bit it started smoking.

As far as how long to recover - I'm not quite sure since I only started it the next day after using it. I did use it a couple of days ago for about 20 minutes - with no problems - but it was not under any load not did it get hot.
it's more then likely not a heat issue, it sounds more like a fuel delivery/Quality issue.

Have you changed the fuel filter?

m.t.hands

Equipment
L 5030, L 3400 and BX2200
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
change fuel filter, during this time does it run ok w/o a load or w/o working it??? try climbing a pretty good grade, if it seems to be laying down on you i'd almost bet water/trash in filter

nailzscott

Equipment
Kubota B7610
Sep 12, 2019
Jenera, OH, US
I changed the fuel filter about 50 hours ago, but I’ll do it again. It’s going to be over 3 weeks before I get can get back to it and I’ll let you know after that. Thanks.

nailzscott

Equipment
Kubota B7610
Sep 12, 2019
Jenera, OH, US
m.t.hands - when it was running bad, it ran bad with or without a load. I live in NW Ohio in farming land and there are no hills or grades for miles.

m.t.hands

Equipment
L 5030, L 3400 and BX2200
Jul 26, 2015
NE Bama
m.t.hands - when it was running bad, it ran bad with or without a load. I live in NW Ohio in farming land and there are no hills or grades for miles.

the reason I asked was my 2200 ran fine on flat ground but when I started up a slight grade it was trying to lay down on me, ended up being water in fuel, but it seemed like it was after it warmed up or had run a few minutes, took fuel filter off and little beads (water) went everywhere, hope you get it rectified w/o hurting the pocketbook too bad;)

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Did you check the inside of the tank? Maybe a leaf or something?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would drain all the fuel into a bucket, look for contamination of any kind, smell it, does it smell like gasoline, and while draining confirm good flow from tank.
Put new fuel filter in, new fuel and treat with a biocide / algaecide treatment.