If I could design a Kubota, it would have.....

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
From practical, to impractical, what would it be?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
From practical, to impractical, what would it be?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
A fan on a BX that you would neeeever have to worry about.....and a onboard cooler than can handle at least 3 cans!:p:)

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Dang it! Just when I was completely satisfied with my BX!
Honestly....totally satisfied. Makes my life/tasks/chores so much easier. A cooler would be nice though...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
The BX is pretty good as is, but would be really good with 3 point position control:) and with an oil cooler to eliminate the hydrostatic cooling fan.:)

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
Separate forward and reverse pedals on the hydro and a better suspension seat.
Speaking of seats... since they put my backhoe on, I've hated my seat. It's the same one but they put it on a swivel and now it leans back too far and is higher than it was before. Very little suspension now too!

So, if I could design a Kubota, it would be to change that stinkin' seat and also lower the ROPS. They just seem to be way too tall.

Other than that, I love my Kubota.

origami

Equipment
'12 BX25. Previous: '95 B1700
Apr 18, 2016
Leesburg, VA
Simple wish: I'd hinge the ROPS on my Bx25 a little higher so it could fold all the way down and keep the overall length shorter. As it is, I have to back it into my small shed with the ROPS hanging out over the backhoe and bucket that are against the far wall.

Sent from my tablet...

nick2010tundra

Equipment
BX25
Jul 18, 2015
Saint John, NB
I'd add a quick attach bucket for the backhoe and loader factory ( come on Kubota, we all know its cheap add on for you to do, instead of doing a pin on you switch to the skid steer) I'd have a 3rd function right from the factory and standard skid plates to protect the fan. I'd also ask for a canopy factory and bigger outrigger pads.
What gets me is that most of these add ons are low cost when you replace the part we don't want with the one we don't.

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
The BX is pretty good as is, but would be really good with 3 point position control:) and with an oil cooler to eliminate the hydrostatic cooling fan.:)
I agree.... the 1/4" valve is just retarded. You cant reproduce a height, and when I'm mowing, I need to just give my deck a bump in a few places to keep it from digging in... and I really can't. The valve just makes noise in the position where I would just want a slow lift. (is there a way to turn off the 1/4" thing and make it a regular spool?)

Now... on the thought of the oil cooler....

When I saw that... I had a vision of one of those diverters that go between a filter and an engine block on an old car, and would allow you to mount a remote cooler.

Hummmmm... I'm thinking I need to look into that.

I haven't hurt my fan yet... but moving a cooler up to the radiator would make it bullet proof. (that's going to be my next project)

****EDIT***

Like this

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41etvVAoDNL._SX300_QL70_.jpg

Now I need to go look under my tractor to see if there is room.

Last edited:

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
BX improvements? They need a brush crawler option...upgraded front tie rod boots and beefier steering cylinder brackets with a cross bar/skid plate to protect the cylinder. Fix the HST fan as mentioned. Get the brakes out of the HST and put a dummy light on the dash. Speaking of the dash...fix the seal issue so it doesn't leak. Better 3 point control as mentioned...why not...I'll ask for hydraulic down pressure. Factory rear remotes. A three point system that stays on with the backhoe. Crazy idea...frame mounts to put the backhoe on the front of the tractor for those times you need an implement AND the backhoe (I'd just remove the mechanical levers and add a wireless remote like the cool crane operator get.) Front tires that don't pop every time you find the one sucker stump you missed. Working seat safety switches with a bypass switch. Front brush bar that folded down and covered some of the sides and included a 2" receiver. Seal up the wheel wells so everything tossed up by the rear wheels doesn't end up extruding out of the levers or into the HST...spacers work around the issue.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I would use a orange paint that did not turn pink after a year in the sunlight!
I got a great deal on a Woods RD60 finish mower, because it was a nice shade of pink!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Those are all pretty grand ideas,,,, I do wonder though :confused: How many might end up on these little beasts in the future. I recall a thread like this on an old defunct Harley site. Seemed rather suspect many of the things mentioned in that thread ended up on bikes over the next several years. SO yeah HD read those sites, and Im betting a dollar to a doughnut the big K has people reading these sites as well.
Seats suck, cooling fan,,, they need to fire the guy that came up with that idea, or at least make him fix them. Front tie rods joints and cups, need up graded and set it up so ANY FREEKIN BX can mount up a BH that will fit it !!!!

man00

Jul 3, 2013
okla
It would be nice if they or someone could design one with all the features but with a MSRP 40% less.

Utopia Texas

Equipment
Kubota B2650/Kubota L6060
Jun 14, 2017
Brookshire & Cat Spring, Texas
Another area I do not like on the design of modern tractors is all the "stuff" hanging underneath so easily damaged when working on rough ground or in woody areas with lots of trees and underbrush.
This includes hydraulic lines, filters and actuator levers and control rods.
Look at most tractors over 30 years old and almost every design is clean underneath. My most used tractor is my NH T4.75 and it has a 25 gallon plastic diesel tank hanging down lower than the steps up to the cab. NH had a recall last year to mount a metal frame around the bottom of the fuel tank after multiple replacements due to holes poked into the tanks during use. What amazes me is that this was a acceptable design from the start.
I sometimes wonder if design engineers even consider what environments will be encountered with what they are designing.
At least boltable skid shields could be designed into some of these tractors.....