B7100 price

Grasshopper

Nov 30, 2013
Kansas
Found a B7100 4wd standard shift loader and scaper. Dealer has rebuilt front wheel drive, replaced clutch, overhauled motor, new rubber all the way around. It's a 79 model asking 7000. I guess it sounds high, any thought would be appreciated.
Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I picked up a 90's model B7100HST 4x4 for $1100, did my own work with new, used and rebuilt parts upgraded to a 21.5 HP motor and I'm only into it for about $4000 with adding a loader.

I paid $2000 for my L3450GST 4x4 and with all the repairs and up grades, and I'm only into it for $3500, I still need to get a loader for it and that's looking like a $2500 bill for it.

I think for $7000 you can get a lot more tractor!;)

The B7100HST
2013-06-09 14.10.57.jpg

B7100HST 1.jpg

B7100HST 2.jpg

The L3450GST
2013-09-29 15.20.42.jpg

1d.jpg

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I agree with NIW. I've got $4k in mine with loader, gannon, and auger. It's got faded paint and a beat up hood from the PO not paying attention and dumping most of a load of large landscaping rock over the back of the bucket. Only other problem is some dry rotted hoses and tires, but they are still quite functional. For $7k you can get a more powerful tractor (I upgraded to a 24 hp 2150 with backhoe for less than that, but hoe need rebuild, and found problems in the tractor itself, you win some, you loose some), or a nice small tractor with a load of goodies.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
7k is a bit damn ridiculous for a B7100. For around 7-9k you can find a tractor with a loader in the 25-35hp range turn key. OR with Kubotas no money down and no interest a new tractor doesn't sound bad.

Check out Tractorhouse.com for pricing on what B7100's go for.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I also think that $7000 is high, even for all that's been done (the fact that all that money was invested by the dealership tells you that the tractor must have been real bad- what else needs work?). I think the key word in your post is "dealership". Will they warranty it? Honestly, they'd be crazy to warranty a 34 year old tractor, and I would question them if they did. To me, it doesn't add up. I would walk away for two reasons- you can get more tractor for that money, and once you would put $7000 in that B7100, you will never get it back out of it.

Grasshopper

Nov 30, 2013
Kansas
I really appreciate the feedback, The availability of compact tractors in western Ks seems a little slim. Looks like I will need to factor in a 400 to 500 mile trip to see other offerings.
So with all of that said, where should this tractor be bought?
thanks Again

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I really appreciate the feedback, The availability of compact tractors in western Ks seems a little slim. Looks like I will need to factor in a 400 to 500 mile trip to see other offerings.
So with all of that said, where should this tractor be bought?
thanks Again
Do you have a budget in mind? What are your needs and wants, and how flexible are those? Once you know how much you have to spend and what you will need as far as capability, then you can hone in on what model to look for.
Tractorhouse is a good place to get an idea of price ranges, and you can look statewide or beyond on craigslist. You are going to get your best price from an individual, and you can also get a history of the tractor that way. Unless you are buying new or close to it, a dealership is going to cost you more without offering more. You won't have a history (unless the tractor came from them and they know the service history, for instance), and you won't have a warranty on an older tractor, so why pay more?
You can also put a want ad here, as well as other tractor forums. It is likely that there are tractor owners in your state on these forums, and they may either have something for sale, or have information that would be very helpful to you.
Don't discount local trade papers, and just keeping your eyes open as you drive. That's how I found my B7100.

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland

The market for tractors is a very small one because the turnover rate is very low. Unless buying New, finding a good tractor, especially close by, and a reasonable price is almost never heard of because those that have tractors tend to hold on to their tractor for a long time. A lot of times you just have to be in the right spot at the right time. And 'Time' will be the biggest factor you'll have to deal with. Do you have the patience and time for the right one to appear or are you really in need of acquiring one? Are you capable of some minor and somewhat major repairs which would open your market search more? How much time researching and expense in travel are you willing to do?

What I'm getting at is this. Depending on your abilities, sometime you need to bite the bullet on the price you pay if you can make it work for you. Again, Time is the key here and what price tag can you put on that??

As far as the one you mentioned, keep this in mind. You may very well find what seems to be a reasonably priced unit, but needs some things done to it. Those things can get somewhat pricy and before you know it, you're at or close to the cost of one that has had all of this done (without all your, again, time) Please pardon me for harping on this "Time" thing, but it's one thing that can't be bought, sold, returned, or put off for later use.

Excuse my rant and 2¢. It's a rainy, foggy day out and I ain't got nothing better to do. :D

Ron

Big Kahuna

Equipment
Kubota 2000 L3010 HST with Loader ,1992 B7100HST , 1979 B6100E & 2007 F2880
Dec 23, 2011
Homer City, Pa.
Ireops hit the nail on the head, you have a tractor the is the most bullet proof one of the bunch, time and parts, the 2 biggest factors when dealing with any machine, post some pictures of this $7000 grand honey, let us see pro and cons.

Big Kahuna