Looking to buy B1700, opinions wanted

nick95rs

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I have been looking for quite some time now at tractors, and I think I finaly found one. I found a 1996 B1700DT, 4WD. It has 474 hours on it. It is a one owner, and it is at a Kubota dealer. It was traded in on a zero turn mower. They are asking $4500 for it. I would like to get opinions from anyone. Also what do I need to look for when I go look at the tractor. I was actually hopeing to find somthing with a little more HP, but it is a great deal. If I get it, I will put a loader on it, and I will use a 4' brush cutter with it. Thanks for any input, it is greatly appreciated.

Nick

Last edited:

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
What can I say? Great tractor, hours are low, has power steering, price seems right. On the negative side, no live pto but otherwise it'll do a lot of work for you. Go for it! you'll love it!
Ed

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
Welcome. Sounds like you would like to add a loader to it. You may want to look around to see what the availability of a loader would be. I believe the B1700 took a LA301 loader. There may be other manufactures who still make them for it as well.
On a side note. I'm not sure why they moved your post to the gray market category. Anyway, good luck.

Last edited:

nick95rs

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Yes, I do want to add a loader. You are correct, it did use a LA301. I have talked to a local dealer that called Kubota to check and see if they were still available. They are not, but they told him that the LA302 will go right on it. He quoted me a price of $3150 + tax. I thought that sounded reasonable for a Kubota loader. Thanks for the input so far.

Nick

L4740

Nov 23, 2009
3rd Rock From The Sun
That's good to hear that there is a loader available for it yet. For an original Kubota loader, I think that price is reasonable. Seems to me the $3K price is about the going price for any of the smaller loaders. Not sure if that price includes dealer installation, but I would sure ask him/prod him to include it.

nick95rs

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
That price does not include the install. I am actually thinking about doing it myself. I am mechanicly inclined, so I think that I can handle it. I have no done much tractor work, but have done plenty of automotive work. Anyone have any good advice if I do it myself.

Nick