M7040 DT Hydraulics

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Isn't it possible for a 3 pt relief valve being faulty causing hyd problems?
Because the loader valve feeds the 3 pt and rear remotes, the rear relief valve has no affect when the loader calls for pressure to raise the arms etc.

However, the loader relief valve will limit what pressure the rear of the tractor gets. For example, if the loader relief is set at 2,000 psi, nothing you can do to the rear relief valve can make the rear pressure higher than 2,000 psi.

Why it is confusing is that the tractor WSM, when describing setting the relief valve pressure, makes no mention of the loader so if you have a loader it is confusing if you find the rear 3 pt pressure low. You need to also have the FEL WSM. But it makes no tie in to the effect its relief valve can have on the main tractor relief.

Dave

Matt1976

Sep 11, 2019
inez texas
I do have a flow meter. Not quite 0-10 would be large enough though. I’m not trying to save any money by not going to a dealer. There is a 6-8 week waiting list to get in.

Matt1976

Sep 11, 2019
inez texas
Fluid leaves the pump going to a distribution block then to the loader valve. Through the loader valve back to the distribution block. All the while the block communicates the system before the loader valve. With that being said, is it possible that the 3pnt relief could be dumping the pressure?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
I do have a flow meter. Not quite 0-10 would be large enough though. I’m not trying to save any money by not going to a dealer. There is a 6-8 week waiting list to get in.
You can use a smaller flowmeter to test a pump, just test it at a rpm that your flowmeter will accommodate! You are looking for a significant drop in flow as the pressure goes up ( you restrict the flow) flow should drop off a small amount but not much. If the pump won't achieve rated pressure without flow staying close to maximum it is failed or failing. Just be careful you don't deadhead it or it will break!!