3830 GST Bucking

RoofDoctor

Sep 11, 2019
Florence
i have a 06 3830 GST 4x4 that has developed a slight buck when going from N to F or R. It does it 3-5 times then stops till you have to change drives again. i did find i was a little low on hydraulic fluid even though i can not locate a single drip. i did not have anymore fluid to fill back to up, but i know someone's went through this and may shed some light in case that does not clear it up. Possible pressure sensor or anything. There is no sounds and the weekend before ran like new. i did change the filter about 2 months ago and replaced the fluid i lost then, but no issues till now.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Low fluid could very well be your issue.

Did you use a Kubota filter and Kubota UDT or SUDT on the change add?

You may well be over due for a full fluid and new filter again too.

RoofDoctor

Sep 11, 2019
Florence
so... i got it back within fluid range and the bucking seemed to be a lot better. after about 2 hours it started bucking again mostly when going from N into Reverse. i parked it and adjusted the clutch pedal because it was out of range. that didn't help the issue. it does seem to whine louder now when i have my disc picked all the way up. if i lower in 1/2" on the selector it stops. I'm going to do a complete new kubota filter and UDT fluid change and hope it solves the issue. where do i go from there if it doesn't work?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
so... i got it back within fluid range and the bucking seemed to be a lot better. after about 2 hours it started bucking again mostly when going from N into Reverse. i parked it and adjusted the clutch pedal because it was out of range. that didn't help the issue. it does seem to whine louder now when i have my disc picked all the way up. if i lower in 1/2" on the selector it stops. I'm going to do a complete new kubota filter and UDT fluid change and hope it solves the issue. where do i go from there if it doesn't work?
Your three point hitch may be adjusted so it is going to high. that is not good as it causes the relief valve open which is likely the whine you are hearing.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes like eserv said, you need to adjust the three point feed back linkage to keep the three point from going into relief. ;)