The Eclipse

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
I never really thought about the great eclipse that is coming but my wife came home and had a few bits of news:
1. A guy she works with has a ranch, he got a call from someone that wanted a black and white goat to sacrifice. Creep-ed him out big time, needless to say he declined that business deal.
2. Weirdos are looking for black and white dogs and cats for the same reason. I have a black and white dog so this creeps me out. I like my dog more than most people.
3. The state of Wyoming's population is expected to possibly double on Monday.
4. Planes are scheduled to land every 2 minutes at Casper's small airport beginning Monday morning.
5. Someone actually leased a small airport south of Casper, we think Douglas, the whole airport.
6. Local officials are wondering if the infrastructure will support the onslaught of people.
7. They are closing I-25 to big truck traffic because of the number of people expected.
8. People are renting camping spots on their properties for $50 - $100, no amenities, just a place to pitch your tent or camper.
Casper is in the optimal line, we are about 100 miles north, plenty close for me.

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
Ugh. I'm in southern indiana. I'll be glad when it's done. Not interested in the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
I never really thought about the great eclipse that is coming but my wife came home and had a few bits of news:
1. A guy she works with has a ranch, he got a call from someone that wanted a black and white goat to sacrifice. Creep-ed him out big time, needless to say he declined that business deal.
2. Weirdos are looking for black and white dogs and cats for the same reason. I have a black and white dog so this creeps me out. I like my dog more than most people.
3. The state of Wyoming's population is expected to possibly double on Monday.
4. Planes are scheduled to land every 2 minutes at Casper's small airport beginning Monday morning.
5. Someone actually leased a small airport south of Casper, we think Douglas, the whole airport.
6. Local officials are wondering if the infrastructure will support the onslaught of people.
7. They are closing I-25 to big truck traffic because of the number of people expected.
8. People are renting camping spots on their properties for $50 - $100, no amenities, just a place to pitch your tent or camper.
Casper is in the optimal line, we are about 100 miles north, plenty close for me.
That's right scary stuff. I have one black/white dog and three cats that are black/white. Seems the weirdo's are having a population explosion!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Wife was bummed out that she couldn't get any viewing glasses that the bank was giving away. I asked why she wanted the glasses :confused: She mentioned that they were for the eclipse. :rolleyes:

I pointed out that there are three welding masks in the garage. They would probably give her a better view then the glasses they were giving away at the bank :D Already adjusted them to the darkest setting and tested them :cool::cool:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
The cat shelters out here won't home black cats for a month leading up to Halloween.

Sad...

origami

Equipment
'12 BX25. Previous: '95 B1700
Apr 18, 2016
Leesburg, VA
Going to turn this into a bonding experience with my youngest (17) daughter before she's off to college next year. Will drive to Nashville and stay with my brother-in-law. Got 10 pairs of glasses and filters for my telephoto lens. Now I just need a clear sky. Keeping up with the forecast. So far, so good. Wish us luck.

Sent from my tablet...

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Not the first eclipse for me. Just like ever 1/1/XXXX is not the first new years for me. When it happens (we are at the 86% area) I'll probably take a quick glimpse, just like I do nearly every day and then return to work. Foggy right now.

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Any of those spots for rent come with a guarantee of no clouds? Imagine going through all that time and expense only to have the one cloud in the sky time itself to cover the sun during the eclipse. It will happen somewhere.

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
According to Southern News, the eclipse is due to Bubba's momma coming outside for a scheduled visit. Man that woman is fat....[emoji23];[emoji1][emoji6]
Wear yo goggles !!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Same crazy stuff going here in North Missouri. Got people driving hundreds of miles to watch. I hear there isn't a motel room or camping spot to be had. Boss's BIL bought a 1000 pair is eclipse glasses for 70 cents each and sold them netting $6800.00 ! Wish I thought of that!

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
It sounds like a swarm of buzzy bees, plane after plane flying southeast toward Casper/Douglas/Glendo. Seems like anyone with a plane is in the sky right now, quite a site, all kinds of private planes, every make and model. Wife's workplace is closing from 11 - 1.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Local TV was interviewing a guy who was looking forward to viewing the "Epocalypse."

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
This is what I saw while laying in my pool not far from Carbondale IL, we
Could hear ozzy playing in a the distance at Moonstock.

I'm kinda into this sort of thing but I wasn't prepared for the experience. It was absolutely amazing and I'm not sure how to explain it. There isn't a picture out there that can get close to the sight of totality.

Attachments

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
The wife and I "laid out" on the back deck with welding helmets fitted with OD 16 and OD 18
lenses (OD = Optical density + attenuation in exponential format, so 10 to the -16 transmission in the visible spectrum)

Boy , If only someone could have snapped a photo of that. My Wife was in her swim suit having just returned from a swim at the river. ;-)

I estimate we had a 50% reduction of solar intensity based on the area of the moon covering the sun's surface.

Every 18 years or so....

origami

Equipment
'12 BX25. Previous: '95 B1700
Apr 18, 2016
Leesburg, VA
View from Nashville today. This is a cell phone picture taken of my DSLR monitor after snapping a picture of the diamond ring effect. Definitely a remarkable experience.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk