Snow blower price range

nrbocke

Mar 13, 2017
Prosser, NE, United Sates
Hi everyone
I've been on the forum this week and got some great feedback to go with a 63" front snow blower for my B2650. So I've just email my dealer (haven't talked to them directly since at work) and he shot me $7450 with electric chute kit, sub frame, PTO shaft, and them doing initial installation. I don't know what the break down is between install and the snowblower.
This was couple thousand more than I was thinking but I'm having a hard time finding a retail price even. I will probably call other dealers but these guys have been good to work with and I thought shot me a good deal on my tractor package a couple years ago.
I don't know if it matters but I do already have a loader and mid mount PTO for my mmm installed. Hoping he added something I didn't need!

Thanks everyone!

Captaincj

Apr 2, 2019
Hugo, MN
Can you go to Kubota's website, pick the new tractor model you have, or the closest one available today, and build it while adding the snowblower you want to get retail pricing?

I just bought a new BX2380 with front mount snowblower and I was able to get pricing on the Kubota website.

Just pretend you're buying a new tractor and build it with the snowblower and required front hitch etc...

At the end of the build it will give you a breakdown of the price.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Lets not even think about snow yet....Haven't even dug potatoes. According to NWS it's supposed to be a colder then normal winter with plenty of snow, least here in Michigan.

Dreading it already. Prepared though...

Attachments

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
I bought mine at the same time I bought the tractor, and so there was some savings there which I am not sure you will get when buying the attachment on its own. The price was in the ball park of %30 less then msrp. My guess is you should be able to get somewhere in the middle, maybe 12-15% less than msrp seems reasonable, if you have a good relationship with the dealer.

Oh, and mine was for the BX version, which I think has the highest demand. Not sure if that affects it... Full disclosure I also got it with the hydraulic controls which are pretty expensive, and I suspect the margin is padded pretty high there, giving the dealer ability to discount a little better maybe?

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
If you have more than one dealer nearby you'll find different dealers may offer different prices. MSRP is just that - SUGGESTED retail price.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
That price sounds about right. I payed just under 10 grand Canadian for mine 4 years ago but was for everything on an L3560. The last couple years here there was so little snow it's hard to say it was money well spent however when that first big snowstorm hits I'll be saying it was worth every penny. Like others have said, shop around and it's always better to talk face to face if possible when trying to make a deal, good luck.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
That’s roughly $1200 more than the price on the Build Your Own site on the Kubota website.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
That price sounds about right. I payed just under 10 grand Canadian for mine 4 years ago but was for everything on an L3560. The last couple years here there was so little snow it's hard to say it was money well spent however when that first big snowstorm hits I'll be saying it was worth every penny. Like others have said, shop around and it's always better to talk face to face if possible when trying to make a deal, good luck.
Since I dont clean snow commercially 12 hours a day I think I would keep $8500 in the bank and keep driving backwards.

Id rather spend that money on a heated cab and a used 3PH rear mount blower. Driving backwards isnt so bad when you are warm and dry.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Since I dont clean snow commercially 12 hours a day I think I would keep $8500 in the bank and keep driving backwards.

Id rather spend that money on a heated cab and a used 3PH rear mount blower. Driving backwards isnt so bad when you are warm and dry.
When you have to back up 2 miles for each pass which adds up to 4 miles plus the clean up around the homestead I can tell you the rear mount will take it out of you sooner or later especially if you have 2 to three good snowfalls in a week. Also for some reason 99 percent of the time storms show up late afternoon and through the night and even with a cab it translates into a long night but then again I am getting old. It's like they say, you can pay me now or pay me later.;)

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Wow....$7,500 for a B is more than I expected also.
I’ve had a front-mount blower for a long time. They are expensive, but like bearbait said, they are very, very handy.
Plowing snow is not an option for me. We get too much and I don’t have room to push it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I was just watching a utube "John Deere Green Tractor Attachments! Pallet Forks, Brush Hogs, Tillers, Snowblowers, Land Levelers!" from a green dealer and he was showing a rear mounted FRONT facing snow blower which included a plastic scraper to clean up the tire tracks. I do not need to worry about having one but I was wondering if anyone had/used one as it might save someone some money and save their neck from having to be turned around to blow snow. Plus it would allow you to keep the FEL on if needed.

nrbocke

Mar 13, 2017
Prosser, NE, United Sates
Thanks everyone. I did do the build online to get a price and really that's about the max I was wanting to spend. So if he's in the ballpark I'm out. I was just trying to be proactive in case winter ends up like they say. Otherwise in the 8 years at my current house I've gotten by fine with a blade (6 of those years with an 8n) and I bet in the last 15 years I've lived in the area there has been one snow that I couldn't have blades/would have took a very long time to dig out from. So I'm just leaning towards 3 point. My driveway is only like 100ft. My entire road is about 1.25 miles. I figure one pass up and back would be ride enough for my pickup. But I would only need to worry about that if it snowed to much for me to get to work/local hotel over one night.
I've already found a 60" Allied/farmking with hydraulic chute for $2265 not to far from home.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
If a blade mostly works for you, surely for the one or two snows a year (worst case) the blade won't do, the FEL would do? Sure it might be slow, but you already own it. I can't see a rear mount being any more useful than a front mount - although I guess it's cheaper sitting in the garage not being used. :)

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Jeepers, I can’t believe I’m the only person employing a large mirror to make snow blowing with a rear mounted snow blower a simple operation. :)
I easily keep an acre or more cleared of snow here, plus help neighbors out often. After 30 plus yrs. I’ve never had a hint of a stiff neck or run into anything. Now at 65 years young I don’t expect it to change either. Or I hope it doesn’t.

Nrbocke, looking at the pics you posted of your aarow straight road, clearing that with a 3 pt blower would be a breeze using a mirror while backing up. And If you have a blade or bucket on the front that you say will probably be used the most anyway, you’re already facing forward most of the time. I have a front mounted snow pushing blade and the pto blower at the rear. The blower acts as ballast for traction while pushing light snow and is at the ready for the heavy snows or drifts.

Saving close to $6K is no small change when it could be put to good use elsewhere! Without a cab, you could easily make a bracket attached to your rops that would hold a truck mirror horizontally just forward of you while sitting on the tractor. And steering via the mirror is the same: while viewing in the mirror if you want the blower to go to your left….you turn left, blower to the right….you turn right. It’s just that simple. Check it out with a large hand held mirror while sitting on your tractor. See my mirror orientation by searching: Kubota B2650 Cab Fabrication.

Maybe others have had different experiences with different tractors or not using a mirror, maybe have back or stiff neck problems anyway, or are just reciting what everyone else says. But my experience on my JD750 (same physical size as your tractor) and now my B2650 (the EXACT same) over all these years has been nothing but positive with my rear mounted snow blower. Granted, if one is into commercial work, has a winding narrow road, hilly, or hair pin curves with high traffic and blind spots then things would be different. In my case, and it looks like yours too, those don’t come into play. You’ll do just fine with a rear snow blower on the B2650. Plus, you’re sure welcome to drive up to North Dakota and clean my area to see what you think. :D

Best of luck to you whichever way you go. It still is a win/win situation!!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Jeepers, I can't believe I'm the only person employing a large mirror to make snow blowing with a rear mounted snow blower a simple operation. :)
Interesting. I've never seen anyone mention that before, or maybe I paid no attention. Great approach.

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I hunted up what I paid for my B2650 63" front blower, and the price quoted for same but with hydraulic chute rotation and drift cutter kit was 4973 plus tax. Included installation. Sorry to hear your dealer is so high. That would be hard to swallow.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I hunted up what I paid for my B2650 63" front blower, and the price quoted for same but with hydraulic chute rotation and drift cutter kit was 4973 plus tax. Included installation. Sorry to hear your dealer is so high. That would be hard to swallow.
That sounds more reasonable, with hydraulic rotation besides.

Seems like my BX blower was a little under $3k without hydraulic rotation ($800), but I did get electric rotator that I never put on ($350). I did my own assembly and installation which I think saved a couple hundred.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Interesting. I've never seen anyone mention that before, or maybe I paid no attention. Great approach.
Heated side mirrors are available too...what will they think of next!

I think if I was cleaning a 2 mile long driveway all winter long I would seriously consider moving down south for 6 months of the year.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Heated side mirrors are available too...what will they think of next!

I think if I was cleaning a 2 mile long driveway all winter long I would seriously consider moving down south for 6 months of the year.
Hi PaulL, I've looked and searched everywhere too and haven't seen anyone else using a mirror that way. There's got to be somebody somewhere but they appear not to be found online anywhere. I almost feel like a pioneer! :D

Mikester, My mirror is a truck side mirror and has the heater element inside. Its not needed inside my cab but it has been energized and nicely warms up the mirror surface. If it was mounted outside on a bracket (no cab) and the heater element hooked up to power....it should easily keep the mirror snow and ice free. If it works for a semi truck it should work just as well on a tractor in the winter. Plus you won't be blowing snow at 80 mph unless your on a very steep hill out of control. :D

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA
I bought a used B3000 within the last year and the original buyer gave me a copy of his receipt for the B2782B that came with the tractor.

It was $6K with the sub-frame kit and everything.

I have not had a chance to use it yet here in Maryland, but the reviews I read about that blower, is that most people are pleased with its performance.

You can search for some youtube videos to see them being used.

Last edited: