Kubota LB400 Bucket Cylinder

jedigene

Equipment
Kubota L2350DT Tractor and loader with Kubota B4672 Backhoe
Jul 22, 2019
Bainbridge, GA
I have to replace a bucket curl cylinder on my LB400 bucket because my one old one was leaking badly and the repair shop could not get it open to repair and ruined it in the process. I can't afford a new Kubota cylinder and no good used ones around, so I am looking at a replacement aftermarket. I think I have found one that will work but not sure if my hoses will fit the ports. The new cylinder says the ports are SAE #6. What ever that means. The manual says these hoses are 3/4-16 BOTH ENDS. Any and all advice will be appreciated.:confused:

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
The SAE #6 fitting is also called an ORB (for o-ring boss) fitting, the #6 (or often expressed as -06) means that it is 3/8".

Look at the thread chart attached, you see the 3/4-16 (thread diameter and threads per inch) is listed in in the ORB and JIC column. JIC fitting have a distinct 37* flare on them-while the ORB will have a flat end. bother are in the -08 row (or 1/2")

So at the very least, you'll need adapters to get from 3/8 to 1/2.

Posting some pics of your setup will help us...

Does your machine have two dump/curl cylinders? If so you might seriously think about replacing both if your not 100% sure the aftermarket one matches the OEM one perfectly (bore/stroke/rod diameter).

Attachments