Questions on new BX Purchase

swallace

Oct 24, 2017
Maryland
Looking at a BX2380 w/QA bucket, 55" standard deck, ballast box, cutting edge, & rod indicators.
MSRP = $18,126
Dealer Quote = $15,500 (including attachment rebates) - $1,250 finance rebate = $14,250

Seems like a reasonable price and after calling a few dealers in area is the best I've seen. thoughts?

Also, QA bucket or standard? I know QA lifts slightly less but worried I will regret if I want to use loader for something else later.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
YES, SSQA , the BEST option money can buy !! Don't worry about the 'loss of lift' capacity... so you make 6 runs instead of 5, woopee, it's more 'fun seat time' !!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I want to make a chain hook attachment for my SSQA (when I get one). An SSQA blank plus some hooks welded to it, I'm also thinking of a square bar going straight up about 600mm, chain hook on top, to give me another 600mm of lift height.

With no bucket the FEL even with SSQA will lift quite a lot - so is your problem what you can lift, or what you can lift in a bucket? Similarly with forks - if you get the lightest forks that'll lift what you need, they can be lighter than the bucket, and definitely less loss of weight than a bucket + pin on forks.

In general the heaviest things I lift don't come in the bucket, they're chained to the loader or they're on a pallet.

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
I'm with. Kevin l. You will end up wanting a box blade anyway. And you can use it for ballast . I made a a dolly for mine and its really easy to hook up and I can roll it into a corner out of the way when I'm not using it.

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
How far out do those box blades run? I like that the more compact ballast box can tuck right up behind the machine when I want and I can use it to double as a chainsaw/chains storage spot.

That being said if I had a more constant or frequent use of a box blade it would probably make sense to use that as long as you have room.

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA
How far out do those box blades run? I like that the more compact ballast box can tuck right up behind the machine when I want and I can use it to double as a chainsaw/chains storage spot.

That being said if I had a more constant or frequent use of a box blade it would probably make sense to use that as long as you have room.
Probably around 24". It's like using a swiss army knife as a paper weight. It serves the same purpose and is also a swiss army knife!