Time for some forum repair and maintenance.

alchemysa

Equipment
B1550, backhoe, 4in1 bucket, rear mower.
Jul 1, 2010
Australia
I think I suggest this every year at about this time. Isn't it time the orangetractortalks home page had a little update? How long are we going to celebrate the 40th birthday that Kubota had back in 2012?

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/

I refer dozens of people to this forum. I wonder how many of them get to the home page ... and then go elsewhere.

It looks bad and it looks like the forum has been abandoned by the owner or the moderators.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I think I suggest this every year at about this time. Isn't it time the orangetractortalks home page had a little update? How long are we going to celebrate the 40th birthday that Kubota had back in 2012?

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/

I refer dozens of people to this forum. I wonder how many of them get to the home page ... and then go elsewhere.

It looks bad and it looks like the forum has been abandoned by the owner or the moderators.
Consider upgrading from a free membership. I just did.
Dave

Attachments

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I have thought about joining, but for the reason that this post was started I have waited. My thought it appears that the forum has been abandoned by the owners and I just wonder since nothing has been updated on the homepage and the forum software is the older version, if something happens to it, will they invest the time and energy to fix it? I love the forum and would consider joining if it appeared that the owners hadn't just abandoned it.

Just my 2 cents.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I have thought about joining, but for the reason that this post was started I have waited. My thought it appears that the forum has been abandoned by the owners and I just wonder since nothing has been updated on the homepage and the forum software is the older version, if something happens to it, will they invest the time and energy to fix it? I love the forum and would consider joining if it appeared that the owners hadn't just abandoned it.

Just my 2 cents.
Bmyers, you have 340 post on this forum. Have you ever received any information that was of any value to you? Whether is was what features to get on a tractor and why, or a tip on how to do something better, or something to make you safer operating your tractor, or proper implement or connecting hyd valves.... The list goes on and on.

Lifetime membership is $40. What can you buy for $40 these days? Two or three pizzas, fill your truck up with fuel? And to think you don't join because the forum may fold up and you won't get your value out of the $40!

When I came to this forum I got the $40 worth of answers in the first 10 post.

Can't understand the thinking of posting over 300 times and worried about the forum folding up............. Forty dollars, man!:eek:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
If you can buy a couple pizza pies for 40 bucks go for it... Maybe the cardboard frozen ones at the super but eating out at a pizza joint, hardly.

I got my 40 in grief but no 'join package'.....:D

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
I found great info the 1st time I visited the site, instantly knew I’d be spending some time on this forum, spent the $40 for the lifetime membership before I posted my 1st post! Money well spent… :)

m7060

Lifetime Member
Jul 13, 2014
london, ky
I just joined as a life time member. I hadn't thought about it, but as Dave eng said, one visit to the site will give someone way more than $40 worth of information. If the site goes tango united tonight, I am still money ahead from the ideas and advice recieved over the years.:)

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
To the OP, it is hard to defend a decade old homepage especially as it would only take a few minutes to update, or simply bypass and directly enter the forum.

There is a discussion going in the Site Suggestions forum about updating the forum software to keep it going. I was told to donate (which I already did), I was told to leave (which is an odd way to build memberships that I was suggested to get - lol). I was told there is no need to maintain the site. You are starting to get the same.

DO NOT LET THEM GET YOU DOWN. - These same guys cried about fuel injection, cell phones, GPS, anti-lock brakes etc. Some were even around to complain about FM radio.

I would like to see this forum last for years to come, the wealth of knowledge here would be a real shame to lose. Part of that will require upgrading the forum software and foundation framework it sits on.

A month after the update, the same guys that cry about updating the site will be bragging about how nice it is..... ummmmm maybe a few months after for some of them.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Lifetime membership is $40. What can you buy for $40 these days? Two or three pizzas, fill your truck up with fuel? And to think you don't join because the forum may fold up and you won't get your value out of the $40!

When I came to this forum I got the $40 worth of answers in the first 10 post.
Well said....can't add to it. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I, a moderator, don't have any ability or authority to change the site, though I do pass along the suggestions for changes. ;)

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Why don’t those of you who have knowledge about websites and have suggestions changes, send messages to Mr K and Service Dept Vic.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I just joined as a life time member. I hadn't thought about it, but as Dave eng said, one visit to the site will give someone way more than $40 worth of information. If the site goes tango united tonight, I am still money ahead from the ideas and advice recieved over the years.:)

You mean 'tits up'? Not gonna happen.:eek:

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I am well aware that it's best to always take pictures with my IPhone in the horizontal position and with the off button under my right thumb but sometime it's not me taking the picture. Updated forums provide a means to rotate pictures and simplify this process.

I hates sideways and upside down pictures, especially when I post them. :mad:

alchemysa

Equipment
B1550, backhoe, 4in1 bucket, rear mower.
Jul 1, 2010
Australia
Hooray, the home page has finally been updated. Its 2012 no longer. It will be interesting to see if there's an uptick in membership.