Specific Model Forums

sjpr13

Dec 8, 2019
Corbett Oregon
I belong to another forum that sort of looks like this for Harley-Davidson and they have different forums for the different models. It would be nice to have BX forum an L forum, M forum, etc.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Having been on this and other tractor forums for a while, I have decided, at least for me, that there are no advantages to this.
For instance, a "B" forum would include the "BX" series and the B2600-B2650 series- which have almost nothing in common, and my B7100 series, which has even less in common with either series. I think by the time it was subdivided enough to be model specific, you'd have a forum with 1000 categories, and you would not be able to find anything. IMHO.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Exactly. Too many variants. Makes any forum too complex and causes a reduction in participation because posters, in general want a clean, quick experience.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If the forum was divided up into small groups I think there would e less input solving problem questions, because someone who may know the answer isn't going there because they own a different model. Soon the threads would die off from lack of participation.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
a discussion board about a very popular item where there is plethora of potential members out there (harley's, jeeps, toyota, etc) you can divide up a board to very narraowly defined arrangement of forums and still have many members commenting in each forum. That is NOT the case with small population of members who have interest in crazy things like kubota tractors, diesel motorcycles, ambulances etc.

Thus smaller bulletin boards don't divide up the forums so narrowly; choosing to go more generalized instead. Kind of have too to keep things active. Besides....such as in our case.... much of the discussion on one model of tractor relates just as much to other models.... having generalized forums therefore educates more of the members.

Cfrazer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2670-1,FEL, BX5450, BBox, GS1548, RB1560, QH05, AI2 Forks, SS Curtis Cab
Jan 22, 2018
North Rose, NY, USA
Besides....such as in our case.... much of the discussion on one model of tractor relates just as much to other models.... having generalized forums therefore educates more of the members.

This exactly has helped me, I am a new tractor owner with a BX and I have learned so much from so many posts from many members posts that do and don't own a BX.

I also participate in another forum that is dedicated to just BX owners, and while sometimes the info is helpful there, a lot of it is also quite misinformed. I can only guess that this forum is more knowledgeable because of its generalized format that allows more experienced people to see and answer questions no matter what model they own.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I have a 15 year old "M", but I have enjoyed reading and learning something about all of the other B, L, and whatever else tractors. I don't see how anyone could keep them straight. (where is the "confused" emoj?)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have a 15 year old "M", but I have enjoyed reading and learning something about all of the other B, L, and whatever else tractors. I don't see how anyone could keep them straight. (where is the "confused" emoj?)
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

lahoyer

Equipment
B7100 and a bunch of attachments
Nov 12, 2010
Danbury,Wisconsin
My only comment is that I've found answers to some of my questions in other forums not related to my specific Kubota. I think a lot of people want a quick answer and don't want to look and therefore don't see a lot of valuable information by reading posts in other forums. Use the search function!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
My only comment is that I've found answers to some of my questions in other forums not related to my specific Kubota. I think a lot of people want a quick answer and don't want to look and therefore don't see a lot of valuable information by reading posts in other forums. Use the search function!
Well Said.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I have used the OTT forum search using my tractor model number. Yes, there was some unrelated stuff but the majority was helpful. ;)

Last edited: