B6100 Transmission WANTED

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
You can try West Kentucky Tractor Parts (wkytpstore.com), the classifieds here, possibly ebay, and the classifieds on other tractor forums.

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Is the clutch gone out or can you confirm for sure the tranny is going south?
I agree with Eric. Having a B7100 I would rule out any clutch issues first. The grinding issues I had going into gear were being caused by the clutch engagement.

subiccs

Equipment
B6100
Dec 28, 2011
Lancaster Pa
Is the clutch gone out or can you confirm for sure the tranny is going south?
Clutch is fine Shifts in and out no problem. Happens when I am working it . Going to pop the cover off and see if maybe I can see something. Looking at the manual should be no big deal. Aslong as the parts are avaible!

subiccs

Equipment
B6100
Dec 28, 2011
Lancaster Pa
So I found two transmissions one Hydrostatic out of a 2 wheel drive and a manual shift for a 4 wheel drive. Trying to decide the best way to go!
With that said here are my questions: with the hydrostatic how hard is it to convert from a two wheel drive to four wheel drive. Price is about the same for both. But if it will cost a bunch to change over it is not the way to go. Any reccomendations?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
On most models the transmission tunnel is different between the two models and there is no simple way to just exchange them for each other, there is also pedals and linkages to deal with.

subiccs

Equipment
B6100
Dec 28, 2011
Lancaster Pa
On most models the transmission tunnel is different between the two models and there is no simple way to just exchange them for each other, there is also pedals and linkages to deal with.
So not worth the work it would take to make the swap!
My biggest concern was the 2 to 4 wheel drive conversion! I can get a tractor with everything except the motor and sheet metal. But it is a 2 wheel drive tractor.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So not worth the work it would take to make the swap!
My biggest concern was the 2 to 4 wheel drive conversion! I can get a tractor with everything except the motor and sheet metal. But it is a 2 wheel drive tractor.
Now that's a different story, it might be worth it for you.
I'll have to look into what it takes to make it be able to be 4wd.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Sounds to me your best bet would be split the tractor and replace the gears inside the tranny that are going. Sounds like you want to make chicken salad out of chicken shit and I can't see a 4wd conversion being that easy to tackle either.

Would be better off buying a B6100 thats hydro and 4wd already then the time and money you'd spent sawpping it all over, given its possible to do.

subiccs

Equipment
B6100
Dec 28, 2011
Lancaster Pa
Sounds to me your best bet would be split the tractor and replace the gears inside the tranny that are going. Sounds like you want to make chicken salad out of chicken shit and I can't see a 4wd conversion being that easy to tackle either.

Would be better off buying a B6100 thats hydro and 4wd already then the time and money you'd spent sawpping it all over, given its possible to do.
Tractor is split. Bearing for reverse is gone and it did quite a bit of damage to the case! Missed one from the West Kentuck Tractor Parts by just a few hours! And it was at a great price too! Just have to keep looking.

ford-9in

Equipment
B6100E 4ft mower-B7100 W/FEL
Feb 3, 2011
Searcy, Ar.--USA
I had a friend that his trans was doing like yours and his shift ears were worn or bent. He replaced those and that fixed his. minamal cost.