The Site won't let me upload photos.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I haven't posted any pictures that I took lately because I can't!

I go to upload files and it says, "uploading files--please wait". At the bottom of the screen it says, "sending request to ott.com". But I can wait for minutes and nothing happens. Tried it several times over several days with the same result. What am I not doing correctly?

Hodgy

Equipment
B7800, front blade, box blade, subsoiler & 3 PTH snowblower
Apr 19, 2019
Canada
Same problem I've been having the last month or so. I also never had a problem before but just too much going on right now to worry about it much.

After my last post in November, I tried a couple more times to upload photos with the same results, failure. I belong to various vbuletin forums and don't have a problem loading on any of them.

I gave up and if I want to post photos here I just make a YouTube video and post the link to that.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I haven't posted any pictures that I took lately because I can't!

I go to upload files and it says, "uploading files--please wait". At the bottom of the screen it says, "sending request to ott.com". But I can wait for minutes and nothing happens. Tried it several times over several days with the same result. What am I not doing correctly?
are you on phone, tablet or desktop?

wireless connection or wired to internet?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Desktop, with DSL internet connection. Windows 10, Firefox.
I am on Win10 with FF and can upload.

Try process of elimination,
Can you upload with a different browser?

If you can turn your anti-virus on and off easily, try disabling it on the site and uploading.

If you have another device behind the DSL/Router that you could test from would determine if it was there.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Desktop, with DSL internet connection. Windows 10, Firefox.
do a speed test for upload. Upload is usually 90% slower than download..... my guess is it is your DSL which can be easily half the speed of cable internet on both up and download at basic levels. You may have to upgrade dsl service to get higher speeds

for comparison my cable (NOT HIGH speed or highest cost... only one step above basic service about 60 bucks a month) has results of 24.1 mbps download and 2.33 mbps upload. you can test yours by just googling "speed test"

https://broadbandnow.com/guides/dsl-vs-cable-vs-fiber

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
do a speed test for upload. Upload is usually 90% slower than download..... my guess is it is your DSL which can be easily half the speed of cable internet on both up and download at basic levels. You may have to upgrade dsl service to get higher speeds

for comparison my cable (NOT HIGH speed or highest cost... only one step above basic service about 60 bucks a month) has results of 24.1 mbps download and 2.33 mbps upload. you can test yours by just googling "speed test"

https://broadbandnow.com/guides/dsl-vs-cable-vs-fiber
DSL should be fine. The forum limits the size of an upload and you could do that with dial-up. The slowest DSL available should have no problems with pictures here.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Never had an issue uploading a picture. Having said that, I don't bother reading threads where the upload was from Tap-a-talk The pictures are insanely large. Don't even bother looking.

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
I have not been able to upload either...the problem started in Dec last year. For 10 years...no problem. Now it tries to upload then states...upload of files failed...

Help appreciated

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I have not been able to upload either...the problem started in Dec last year. For 10 years...no problem. Now it tries to upload then states...upload of files failed...

Help appreciated
Same here, tried resizing but still no luck

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I don't get it- never had a problem loading pics, and I load pics with most of my posts.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The 028 is still running strong!! Old things are still good:)

Great saws in that era.

Have an 046 Magnum. 14 pounds and 6 hp. What a dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Same here Lil Foot. I am always on my laptop.

Are you guys having trouble posting from your phones? I do know that there are some serious website/forum upgrades to accommodate the ever increasing phone users.