LX Series, R14T Tires, And Other Goodies From Louisville

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I just returned home from the International Farm Machinery Show in Louisville, KY where I saw my first LX3310 and LX2610.

The 2610 is little changed from the 2650 aside from the expected availability of an optional "Swift-Tach" FEL, allowing attachment/detachment of the FEL without leaving the seat of the tractor. A single lever manifold with flat-faced couplers is included. An optional mechanical self leveling system is also available. A 2610SU model without mid PTO is also available.

There is no SU version of the LX3310 but, surprisingly, both the B2650 and B3350 (SU version for ROPS model only) remain in the new 2020 catalogue.

As we have known for some time, the LX3310 uses a new common rail injected engine with emissions system similar to that used in other Kubota engines. The elimination of mechanical fuel injection eliminates the need for the trouble prone reformer used on the B3350 engine. I also noticed that the engine has a larger fuel filter/water separator and what appears to be a fuel cooler, not present on my B3350. I have every reason to believe that the new engine will prove as reliable vis a vis regeneration cycles as are other Kubota engines. FWIW: It's packed under the hood, and will be difficult and expensive to work on.

It appears that Kubota listened to me as they replaced the drilled cross bar in the frame needed for mounting 3 front weights without the need for a front weight bracket. This cross bar is not present on the B3350 (don't know about B2650), making mounting of front weights on a B3350 impossible without the optional front weight bracket. Long story, but the current edition of the B3350 Owner's manual still states that 3 front weights can be mounted to the front frame without a front weight bracket. This became a bone of contention for me as I knew that I would be needing front weights before buying my B3350 and mounting 3 front weights without a front weight bracket (requires removal of the grill guard) was a precondition for buying it. I complained loudly after buying my B3350 and learning otherwise but ultimately needed to buy a front weight bracket and bolt kit. Somebody listened.

Though I cannot remember, the thread where the recent "change" in published HP for the B3350 was discussed, I did ask the product manager for the LX series about this and she confirmed that the there have been no changes in the engines. The change in published specs reflects a change in "measuring method" only.

Both ROPS and cab versions of both LX2610 and LX3310 have improved spring suspension seats (same seat for ROPS and cab versions). I sat in the seat of the LX3310HSDC and noticed that the seat is better supported and more stable side-to-side than the seat of my B3350.

Both LX2610 and LX3310 models on display at the show were fitted with R14T tires. I stopped by the Good Year display and picked up an R14T brochure showing all currently available sizes (many more than last year). If anyone needs to know if the R14Ts are available for a tractor that they are contemplating (or replacements) post here. I will attempt to answer such questions.

Edit: The MX6000 and M8 models were also on display but I did not look closely.

All in all, a good show but I could not spend as much time there as desired because I had a somewhat bored companion.

SDT

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
SDT -

Bet that Show was kind of neat to see.

A somewhat minute aspect, but do the new LX have dynamo or alternator?

It’s always baffled me that the B2650 (3350 also?) had a dynamo while my older BX came standard with an alternator.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
SDT -

Bet that Show was kind of neat to see.

A somewhat minute aspect, but do the new LX have dynamo or alternator?

It’s always baffled me that the B2650 (3350 also?) had a dynamo while my older BX came standard with an alternator.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That depends upon how you define dynamo.

Both my B3350 and the new LX3310 have alternators. I did not look under the hood of the LX2610 but am quite certain that it also is equipped with an alternator.

I've not seen a new tractor equipped with a generator since the 1960s.

SDT

tjstractor

Dec 17, 2019
Great White North
Thanks for the update. I have a show near me the first week in March that Kubota has a decent display at so I'm assuming these new models will be there. I'm in the market for just the 2650 / 2610 cab version so I'm intersted to see what street pricing differences will be in them as dealers still have both on their lots with overlap of new LX coming in and some stock still on the 50 series.

While the LX is live on the website there is no Build option yet to at least see differences in MRSP.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Thanks for the update. I have a show near me the first week in March that Kubota has a decent display at so I'm assuming these new models will be there. I'm in the market for just the 2650 / 2610 cab version so I'm intersted to see what street pricing differences will be in them as dealers still have both on their lots with overlap of new LX coming in and some stock still on the 50 series.

While the LX is live on the website there is no Build option yet to at least see differences in MRSP.
Probably not.

The LX models were shown to the public for the first time yesterday, 02/12/2020 at Louisville. The LX display tractors at the Louisville show were obviously pre production models.

Dealers can now take orders but Kubota has not yet delivered literature aside from the preliminary (dealer only) literature provided at the dealers meeting last fall.

"Basic" pricing was available at the Louisville show. I would expect pricing to be available on the website soon.

I would not expect to see LX models at most dealers before summer.

SDT

Last edited:

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
[Kubota has not yet delivered literature aside from the preliminary (dealer only) literature provided at the dealers meeting last fall.]

Yes, that's all I have so far. Just a 2 page brochure.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
That depends upon how you define dynamo.

Both my B3350 and the new LX3310 have alternators. I did not look under the hood of the LX2610 but am quite certain that it also is equipped with an alternator.

I've not seen a new tractor equipped with a generator since the 1960s.

SDT
I was just going by info here on OTT. Baffled me a capable tractor with 15A capacity.

I think the dynamo was B2650, ROPS model only. Cab models equipped with alternators. Context is/was usually alternator conversion to accommodate work lights, etc.

While a few years ago: https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27277&highlight=dynamo+b2650

tjstractor

Dec 17, 2019
Great White North
Curious. Is the front hitch and attachment system updated similar to the BX and 01 series? My usage will be loader all summer and front blower and front blade for snow all winter. I'm debating between a B2650 now or LX2610 (whose changes don't appear to be as significant as the 33hp version) in a few months. I'm not interested in the swift tach loader option as I only remove and replace the loader in the spring and fall. If the front hitch system is updated though that may be enough to tip the scales for me I favour of the LX.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Curious. Is the front hitch and attachment system updated similar to the BX and 01 series? My usage will be loader all summer and front blower and front blade for snow all winter. I'm debating between a B2650 now or LX2610 (whose changes don't appear to be as significant as the 33hp version) in a few months. I'm not interested in the swift tach loader option as I only remove and replace the loader in the spring and fall. If the front hitch system is updated though that may be enough to tip the scales for me I favour of the LX.
Don't believe that there is any change in that regard (but did not ask).

SDT

tjstractor

Dec 17, 2019
Great White North
Below is what the website says about the front hitch. I was unsure what the 64" Commercial Blower was. I don't see that option on the B50 website listing so I thought maybe there was something different going on. Could just be inaccurate also being new.

FRONT HITCH
Do you need to clear snow, sweep your driveway, or dethatch your lawn? The Kubota 4-point front hitch enables front implements like blades, brooms and snow blowers to be easily attached and removed, making the Kubota LX Series even more versatile!

Available Implements:

63” Residential Snow Blower

51” Commercial Snow Blower

64” Commercial Snow Blower

60” Front Blade

72” Front Blade

66” Rotary Sweeper

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
I do like the old school Kubota text on the loader arms. Reminds me of the B1750 my dad had when I was a kid.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I do like the old school Kubota text on the loader arms. Reminds me of the B1750 my dad had when I was a kid.
I still have my B1750HSDT B-Speed Turn, bought new in May of 1993 (4?). No FEL, though.

Best piece of machinery that I have ever bought.

SDT

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
She is the product manager for the LX series.

I spent about thirty minutes speaking with her on Thursday.

Nice lady.

SDT
At my age, they are all kids. Nice young lady... Needs to get a bit more versed in the equipment lineup though....

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Last time we were there I flew into Louisville International Airport in the company Lear and got hauled to the show in a Limo. I went with my boss at the time (before I retired) and we went prior to the public admittance. Only thing I remember that sucked was the catered food. It was terrible and expensive too. Ain't been back since.

tjstractor

Dec 17, 2019
Great White North
Regarding List pricing on the LX3310 over B3350 (cab models) looks like they may be just a small increase if this is any indication.
KubotaUSA website list pricing on the "Build" tab for the B3350 comes up as $28118 vs. this attached screengrab I got off from a youtube video on the LX3310 from the Louisville show. $28988. If there is any accuracy in my assumptions that is only +$870 or about 3%. Tire choices may change this slightly.

I guess we will find out for sure when the "Build" tab goes live on the LX page. Of course actual sale prices out the door have variance.

2020-02-23 19_57_37-Kubota LX Cab with AC 2610 3310 New Model - YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Regarding List pricing on the LX3310 over B3350 (cab models) looks like they may be just a small increase if this is any indication.
KubotaUSA website list pricing on the "Build" tab for the B3350 comes up as $28118 vs. this attached screengrab I got off from a youtube video on the LX3310 from the Louisville show. $28988. If there is any accuracy in my assumptions that is only +$870 or about 3%. Tire choices may change this slightly.

I guess we will find out for sure when the "Build" tab goes live on the LX page. Of course actual sale prices out the door have variance.

View attachment 47407
I specifically asked Kelcey what the increase was for a ROPS LX3310 vis a vis a ROPS B3350, and was told "about $700."

SDT

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Both ROPS and cab versions of both LX2610 and LX3310 have improved spring suspension seats (same seat for ROPS and cab versions). I sat in the seat of the LX3310HSDC and noticed that the seat is better supported and more stable side-to-side than the seat of my B3350.
Maybe I heard wrong or I am confusing it with a different model, but I thought the seat was air ride. I'll have to find out which.

Either way, wonder if it would be an easy swap into a B2650HSDC?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Maybe I heard wrong or I am confusing it with a different model, but I thought the seat was air ride. I'll have to find out which.

Either way, wonder if it would be an easy swap into a B2650HSDC?
I heard that too but it was an incorrect rumor.

The new seat is spring suspension.

SDT