Kubota TG1860G

glmpa

Equipment
BX 1500, GR2100, 6000E
Oct 13, 2014
Danville,Illinois,USA
I am interested in purchasing a Kubota TG 1860G with about 800 hrs on hourmeter. Aesthetically looks good. I have heard there were lots of problems with the belt system and they needed to be changed frequently. I also heard something about a plastic cam gear in some of the units. My question is, are these units of good,dependable,long lasting service type mowers for 1-2 acres of flat land with good maintenance being performed. I have owned a Kubota BX 1500 and currently have a Kubota G2000S that is wonderful. I have always believed that Kubota has good products but have concerns regarding this unit. Please comment if you have experience with this unit. Thank you.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You ask, "...are these units of good,dependable,long lasting service type mowers for 1-2 acres of flat land with good maintenance...?"

I have to kinda chuckle as I read that. You found a unit with 800 hours and it's running. That's a 20 year old machine! Doesn't that answer your question?

Hey, welcome to the forum. The gas version of that tractor (it also comes in diesel) has a Kawasaki water cooled engine. They did have so problem with the came shaft failing at the 800hr time frame from what I've read and experienced. You can use that knowledge as a bargaining tool when purchasing!!

You can get all the engine parts through Kawasaki. Kubota no longer handles many of the critical parts. They are actually less expensive at Kawasaki the Kubota.

Those mowers are basically a zero turn with a steering wheel. If a tree is trimmed so you can drive up to the trunk you can pretty much cut around a 14" circle with the inside of the deck. Power steering, nice.

As nice as all of that is, I prefer the diesel! I'm not sure how many times you could mow one acre on one tank of fuel, but several.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
'.... all I know is the Kowalski 27 horse twin on my Cub Cadet is a pig on gas. Sucks gas like a drunken sailor and always has. Glad gas is cheap today.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I am interested in purchasing a Kubota TG 1860G with about 800 hrs on hourmeter. Aesthetically looks good. I have heard there were lots of problems with the belt system and they needed to be changed frequently. I also heard something about a plastic cam gear in some of the units. My question is, are these units of good,dependable,long lasting service type mowers for 1-2 acres of flat land with good maintenance being performed. I have owned a Kubota BX 1500 and currently have a Kubota G2000S that is wonderful. I have always believed that Kubota has good products but have concerns regarding this unit. Please comment if you have experience with this unit. Thank you.
As far as eating belts, you better buy in quantity. That is the biggest knock I have about mine.

Now I did get a ZTR last year to replace it. It turns tighter and it mows a lot faster.

My recommendation is to forget about the TG1860G and get a ZTR.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Maybe Lugbolt will jump on here. He knows these machines well.

Kind of odd, I've never had an HST or belt issue with either one I own.

Gus Wah

Equipment
TG1860G and 54" mower deck
Jul 5, 2022
Quathiaski Cove
I'm new here, and I've only owned my TG1860G for a month. It came with belt problems. I've replaced the main drive belt and the belt to the transmission with Kevlar belts. The longer mower belt seems fine.

The only issue I'm having is that the PTO switch does not engage the mower blades routinely. It usually works as it should after it sits for a day. This is not good. I'm curious if anyone has any idea where I might trouble-shoot this one. PTO switches are cheap, and I've replaced mine, but the problem remains.