Buying Advise

Karrnutt

Equipment
Simplicity Conquest, Case
Feb 14, 2020
Muskego
Greeting's to all;
New guy here, old everywhere else! I am in a conundrum here, and hope to "tap into" your knowledge base. Here's the deal: I have been looking, on-line at a ton of tractors, all brands. My son-in-law has a new Kubota and loves it. I have 6 acres here and cut about 3, the rest is woods. There is a lot of "maneuvering" going on as about half of the 3 are orchards and a vineyard, so, dodging trees. Presently I have a Simplicity Conquest, hydro with power steering, and about 600 hours on it. Frankly, I love it, enough to put $500.00 in a complete tune up/rehab. this past summer. IF I what to keep the Conquest, I would like to get a unit with a loader, for moving rocks, log's (sm.) and clearing brush. And use the Conquest to mow with.
OR, I buy a tractor with both a loader & a deck and sell the Conquest. Because of my large number of trees, many larger tractors & those with roll bars will not fit under the trees, not to mention that I have become quite "attached" to my head. Additionally, since I am retired, price is a consideration ($5,000. or less, a bit more if I sell the Conquest). To that end, I have been looking at older B Series Kubota 4x4 diesel models, but am not finding many with loaders? Can these units be fitted with a loader, and are there the necessary connections present to do that? Also, where do you find these loaders, are they model specific, and of course what do they cost? Your advise and recommendation's are greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the to read, and respond to this "lengthly" post.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The general consensus seems to be if you want a loader, buy the tractor with it.

To retrofit can become very expensive, and it is often a challenge to even find the required subframes for older models. Many resorted to fabricating their own subframes.

That only hooks the loader to the tractor; hydraulics to run can be another project entirely....

Karrnutt

Equipment
Feb 14, 2020
Muskego
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. After my original post I located a B7500 with a loader only. He is asking $6,500. it has power steering, but can't tell if it's a manual or not. He states that the PTO does not work. It has the roll bar so I don't think it's a gray market. Best part is he is right here in my home town.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'd keep the grass cutter, and buy a 2nd tractor with loader NO deck. Safety in numbers..... As for the low trees, tall ROPS problem. I've removed the ROPS off my BX23S just to get into the garage. I may custom build a replacement this summer,maybe, we'll see how the time works out. 3 decades, 2 dozen tractors, and never needed ROPS..
With any loader you'll need ballast out back. The BX23S has a backhoe, so that's easy. For you, I'd suggest a 3point 'rear fork' setup. That way you can backup and lift a'ballast box' and go...when not needed, use the 'carryall' platform ( skid) to haul logs,stones, bales, whatever. The idea is to make life EASY on your back and chores 'pleasant'.

Karrnutt

Equipment
Feb 14, 2020
Muskego
Sound advise, grass seems to grow faster when your equipments in the shop! Do you think the B7500 I mentioned, would be a good choice? And even with the PTO not working, is it a fair price?