B3200 Steering problem jerks

seimyb3200

Equipment
2009 B3200
Jun 11, 2013
Moores Hill, Indiana
Has anyone else ever noticed on their B3200 that when making turns the steering jerks? It almost feels like the power steering is losing power and coming right back but I feel it in the steering wheel. When I'm mowing grass with my 60" belly mower deck I sometimes feel this when doing a medium turn with a little speed. If I'm going slow in a turn I don't feel it but with just a little speed while mowing the steering wheel jerks back and forth.

Anyone else? :confused:

Kub3200

Jul 14, 2013
USA
I haven't felt that but I've also only spent 6 hours with mine so far. I've only used my lp rcr1260 hog with it so far. I'll have to watch / feel for it and will report back if I do notice it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
Has anyone else ever noticed on their B3200 that when making turns the steering jerks? It almost feels like the power steering is losing power and coming right back but I feel it in the steering wheel. When I'm mowing grass with my 60" belly mower deck I sometimes feel this when doing a medium turn with a little speed. If I'm going slow in a turn I don't feel it but with just a little speed while mowing the steering wheel jerks back and forth.

Anyone else? :confused:
You don't happen to have it in 4wd, do you? Because that will cause the steering to jerk while turning.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
You don't happen to have it in 4wd, do you? Because that will cause the steering to jerk while turning.
Welcome to OTT!
That was going to be my question- when in 4WD, because the front wheels are turned, they travel a different distance and arc than the rear wheels do. This creates drivetrain bind. When a tire slips from the bind, it can cause a jerk. Any 4WD will do it, some more than others depending on available traction (the less traction, the less binding because the tires can slip and relieve the pressure more often/easier), wheel base length, how tight or loose the drivetrain is, weight of machine and distribution of loads, etc.

seimyb3200

Equipment
2009 B3200
Jun 11, 2013
Moores Hill, Indiana
No not in 4WD. I'm aware of the binding that can happen especially when on dry pavement while in 4WD.

It's aggravating because it actually affects my steering quit a bit and I have to slow down. I've even thought of somehow installing a steering stabilizer to see if it helps. To me I'm not going that fast and my yard is not that bumpy either. I have 2000 New Holland TC21D that I use for a backup with no steering issues. The B3200 I think may have a lurking hydraulic issue because when it jerks it's significant. I guess I'll deal with it or adjust my mowing speeds for the meantime.

Thanks for the reply gents.