Woodmaxx sb-60

gamesniper

Equipment
b2620 landpride 3pt finish mower 3pt landpride blade
Jul 29, 2015
Shamokin
Hi guys I have a b2620 hst kubota and purchased a woodmaxx sb-60 rear snowblower I didnt get to use it much when I did it seems to bog tractor any of u guys run 60 in blower on 19 hp pto not sure if I should sell it and get 48 inch

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Punctuation would go a long way in making it easier to read your post.:eek:

Perhaps slow down when it starts to bog. After the first pass, only take a partial cut.

Also keep the RPM's at rated PTO speed.

Michigankubota

Equipment
B2650 Loader,LX 2980-64 Blower ,60”MMM , Land Pride 60”Box Blade.
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
I run a 1064 LandPride on my BX2670 with no issues at all. Blows great.
Are you sure your running at least 540 RPM at the rear pto ?
Mine runs 3100 to get 540 at the rear pto.
The dealers say they will not sell a 64” blower for a BX. It works flawless.

gamesniper

Equipment
Jul 29, 2015
Shamokin
Yep Im running 540 rpm.Woodmaxx blowers are heavy, I need to add weight to bucket so front tire contact road.Is it true rear snowblowers are power users?Hopefully I can try it this year and experiment.Could there be problem in rear pto that is losing power?

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I run the Landpride 64” on my B2650 with no issues, I used last weekend to take down a huge pile left by the plow. It was full of large ice chunks, had to break down with the loader and then blow the piles. With about 15” of snow it had no issues in medium range. I would make sure it is at the correct PTO speed as noted above.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Yep Im running 540 rpm.Woodmaxx blowers are heavy, I need to add weight to bucket so front tire contact road.Is it true rear snowblowers are power users?Hopefully I can try it this year and experiment.Could there be problem in rear pto that is losing power?
Can you explain further on the meaning of your last sentence?

Since you have the snowblower already it seems to make sense to try it to see if it meets your needs. You can always sell it later.

I used a 60" blower on a JD750 (18 pto hp) manual transmission for years and it worked great. Manuals are more difficult to use in this application as they are harder to regulate ground speed versus HST.

gamesniper

Equipment
Jul 29, 2015
Shamokin
Would there be anything wrong in pto unit to loose power or torque ? Also when using rear blower would it be normal to just creep like 1 mph to eliminate bogging down thanks for replies so far

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
My experience with same tractor is you should be fine unless snow is very deep / very heavy or you are going uphill. At 700 pounds your blower about same weight as mine was. I would not go down to 48" as its narrower than your rear wheel width UNLESS your snow is very deep and heavy.

I used to run a 60" Farm King (Buhler) behind the same tractor (B2620). Did ALOT of blowing with it but snow around here tends to be drier and very cold. Blower is a HD blower and very strongly made / heavy, open chain, much like yours.

mine, no problems running it at 2,000 - 2,200 rpm all day long (rated 540 rpm was at about 2,600 rpm so is was not at rated rpm) so I was not running it wide open. I would blow in low range only.

The blower felt big and tractor felt a little light for that size of blower. Wheels were not loaded and it had a FEL on it as well.

So no problems at all on drier snow at times 12" deep. But did want a heavier tractor with that heavy 60" blower. Ended up this winter with a bigger (heavier) tractor and bigger blower.

what is typical snow like in your area?

Last edited:

gamesniper

Equipment
Jul 29, 2015
Shamokin
Hi boakley we usually get wet snow here in pa . I deal with alot of drifted snow in my driveway thats why I got a blower for tractor .driveway gets narrow when plowing with truck.Like I said I didnt get to use much.How fast is ur travel speed in 2ft of wet snow u think? Does ur tractor bog down? Thanks for your reply

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Hi boakley we usually get wet snow here in pa . I deal with alot of drifted snow in my driveway thats why I got a blower for tractor .driveway gets narrow when plowing with truck.Like I said I didnt get to use much.How fast is ur travel speed in 2ft of wet snow u think? Does ur tractor bog down? Thanks for your reply
our snow is dry here and easier to blow than heavy/damp snow and never plugs the chute.

I always use low range on the B2620 with a heavy duty 60" blower much like yours. No matter if its 2" or 2'.
RPM in the 2,200 range which is below the rated 540pto speed but worked for me. As you know no DPF on that tractor so no need to run it high in winter as heat not really needed.

Always traveled in low as it was not a race for me. Our snow is deep though so low range at 2,200 would often fill the snow blower up to the point of tractor spinning tires so after some practice you can sense when the load in the blower is building up and you can let off the hst pedal to lower your ground speed to let the auger and fan / impeller clear the blower of the built up snow. Now wet snow maybe different as I hear (no experience though) that you need to keep the flow in the chute on the higher end or risk plugging up.

IMHO the B2620 w/ 60" blower had more than enough engine and PTO hp for 2' of dry snow, in low, at 2,200 rpm..... but hst pedal management needs some finesse.... to the floor boards a lot of the time but when the blower was loading up faster than fan / auger could clear it I would let up on the pedal clearing the backup of snow.

What the B2620 did lack for me with a 60" blower was weight. A bucket of snow helps with more weight. Setting the skid shoes a little higher (lets some snow pass under) and finishing up with the bucket is another trick but I never did this.

I see others clear snow commercially in my area and you can spot a rookie miles away. Always looking back even when going down straight runs, bogging engine and blowing black smoke by trying to pull Med/High range cause they are rushing, not using mirrors (I like wrist mirrors you can p/u at snowmo shops) which help minimize turning around, etc...

Practice and you will soon be an expert. For me the B2620 w/60" hd blower worked fantastic. You made a good choice as 60" covers rear wheel width and had more than enough hp... Glad though I don't have to contend with wet snow just lots of dry. Blowing is one of my fav. jobs around the village.