B2710 HST power loss

Buttly

Dec 15, 2019
New Zealand
My B2710 tractor HST progressively loses power after about half an hour of mowing with the HST seeming to be starving for hydraulic fluid when turning and power steering operating. It gets progressively worse to the point it won’t move in high gear and I limp back to the barn in medium. Any ideas on cause would be appreciated. I’ve cleaned/replaced filters and fluid etc with no improvement. :confused:

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Have you removed and cleaned the suction strainer screens on both of the suction tubes? There is one on each side on the trans housing.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
My B2710 tractor HST progressively loses power after about half an hour of mowing with the HST seeming to be starving for hydraulic fluid when turning and power steering operating. It gets progressively worse to the point it won’t move in high gear and I limp back to the barn in medium. Any ideas on cause would be appreciated. I’ve cleaned/replaced filters and fluid etc with no improvement. :confused:
On a B2710 the only thing common between the HST and the power steering is that they share the same oil. Is the power steering working OK? Could it be foaming the oil?

Buttly

Dec 15, 2019
New Zealand
On a B2710 the only thing common between the HST and the power steering is that they share the same oil. Is the power steering working OK? Could it be foaming the oil?
Good point Eserv. I’ll be checking that out. It sounds like that could be causing the HST to starve of fluid.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Not certain if it pertains to this model...

If there are any rubber hoses on the suction side, investigate them for cracks especially on the backside that might be against the tractor and difficult to see.

There have been a few posts over the years where this has been the root causes, but don't know if your tractor uses any rubber hoses or not. Typically these are only several inches long and used to join two metal pipes/tubes together.

Don't expect to see fluid leaking for them to suck in air.